Troubles with 1.4 BBY

kilou5542

Hello,
First of all english isn't my native language, so i can do some mistakes.

I bought my A2 with some little problems. it's a 1.4 petrol BBR engine.

I have a trouble when i drive it slowly i have some splutter.
When i log with VCDS i see my STFT change very fast between -10% and 10%
I changed the two oxygen sensors (with original NGK) and it doesn't change.
I clean the MAP sensor, thottle body (with calibration) but it doesn't solve my problem.
I saw on my EGR valve a short hose clogged, i think it is an air vaccum but i did't found where it was plugged in the past. Do you have an indication ?

I suspect a intake of air, because when i drive it faster i didn't have this problem. Is it correct ? I tried to spray my engine with brake cleaner to try to find a hole of bad gasget but the engine RPM doesn't change. Does someone have this trouble ?

Thank you

Hello,
First of all english isn't my native language, so i can do some mistakes.

I bought my A2 with some little problems. it's a 1.4 petrol BBR engine.

I have a trouble when i drive it slowly i have some splutter.
When i log with VCDS i see my STFT change very fast between -10% and 10%
I changed the two oxygen sensors (with original NGK) and it doesn't change.
I clean the MAP sensor, thottle body (with calibration) but it doesn't solve my problem.
I saw on my EGR valve a short hose clogged, i think it is an air vaccum but i did't found where it was plugged in the past. Do you have an indication ?

I suspect a intake of air, because when i drive it faster i didn't have this problem. Is it correct ? I tried to spray my engine with brake cleaner to try to find a hole of bad gasget but the engine RPM doesn't change. Does someone have this trouble ?

Thank you
Do you really mean engine code BBR or BBY as in the thread title?

Can some BBY owner help this poor soul?

Andy

Hey man, i guess next step is to clean the injectors. In case some of them are clogged or not atomizing the fuel properly. Before that i would encourage you to try to disconnect some parts and drive the car to see if something is failing but not yet fully.
1) Disconnect front oxygen sensor and let it run default, drive around a bit
2) Disconnect EGR Valve plug when car is off and do the same

The less electrical components active the less computations the MM ECU will have to make. If all of the above produce no result, clean your fuel injectors. Let us know. :)

Hi

”I saw on my EGR valve a short hose clogged”. Can you take a picture of this and post to this thread. We may be able to identify what it is and where it should connect

J

Thanks for all you replies
First sorry, my engine is well a BBY, mistake in my description.

Ok, i will try to disconnect oxygen sensor and after lambda to check.

I have ordered 4 injectors bosch to remplace mine, my car have around 120.000 miles so that can help.
On my order i add thermostat (temperature never higher than 65° while driving), spark plugs, EGR Valve (some DTC arrive)

1583519050467.png

The little hose is part 10 on this picture, i think originally it is hose with a air filter right ? On my car it is just cut and clogged.

This thread should help, first reply

Hi

You mention you get some DTCs relating to EGR. Can you post picture of the scan results you get showing the error codes please? At the mileage (kilometres) you have, it may be worth cleaning this (as you did the throttle body) especially as the vent tube is looking clogged. The EGR may be clogged and sticking or may have failed. The scan codes will help. It will be best to run adaption on the EGR after cleaning

Justin

Hello,

On the first scan i had all these DTCs :

received_1240055500259381.jpeg

Now with the two news oxygen sensors and the the cleaning of MAP / Throttle only the P0407 appears : EGR Recirculation "B" Circuit Low
My car has 120.000 miles.

I ordered a new EGR valve, so i will change it when the package will be here. But for now you're right i can try to clean it. I will do this the evening.
Do you know how to run adaptation with VCDS ?

Now my car doesn't do any splutter any more when i drive, but the STFT always change fast when driving.
I try to drive with EGR totally disconnected with that doesn't change the behavior
It was a car witch didn't drive for a while before i bought it, maybe four months. and now i use it every days for minimum 40 miles. Probably it's better for it.

Sebastien

I tried to clean my EGR valve but that doesn't work.
I wait my order and finally it takes more time. I will probably receive it at the beginning of the next week.

I bought an another A2 for spare very cheap, i need lot of composant in the interior so that perfect but it is a gazoline so i cannot swap any engine component.
I will retrieve all the interior (seats, carpet, door panel) and some little thing like trunk motor, cup holder, bonnet, wheels, A/C controller ect

Some new about my car. No trouble any more, finally i suspect the EGR valve.
I do not change it, but remove it an i found someone who desactivate the DTC. No more engine light and the car drive very well.
Next steps is an inlet from polo gti, i just receive it :)
Thanks everybody for the help :)

Back