Twin-jets on a 2000-mod. Act 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jossi

hi!
i finally have mounted my twin jets on my 2000 A2. It was a hell of a job. Because the new jets had a different angle at the ends I had to saw out 4. cm out of the alu-tray under the plastic water-tray. And mount complete new tubing on the "motorside" of the alu-tray ,just sa it is done on todays model. I also used 2 full tanks of water to adust the jets.

I have never had such a cleeeen windscreen before!! combined also with the Aero Twin Bosch wiper. I recommend this update! (I only wonder if the fellow who wrote the fitting guide really did this on a 2000-mod.without the use of a sawblade?)

Jossi

Hi Jossi,

I must say you are very courageous, sawing away at your A2 ;)

My A2 is 2003 spec, so I already have the jets and wiper, but I read you used 2 tanks of water to adjust the jets.

I still find that a problem on mine too. Especially on the passenger side. The jets either end up under or 'through' the wiper blade, or they skim across the windscreen, onto the roof or off the side of the car.
Did you manage to find a setting that drops enough water above the wiper, actually making the windscreen wet instead of the wiper, the roof or the street next to the car?!

If so, is it a wide V shape, or more towards a closed V (like a double l)?

Thanks,

Edo

--
(2003 Silver 1.4 Tdi Exclusive(SE), 95bhp/235Nm chiptuned by ABT, black interior, sport seats, heated mirrors, JVC KD-SH909RB cd-receiver, Infinity Kappa 63.1 + Vifa on-dash tweeters, 12" Subwoofer on 300w Amp)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back