Tyre problems anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Z

Zundapp

Just had problems finding a replacement tyre for my wifes 2nd A2 (First one replaced after 11 months and 11,000 miles due to regular faults).

My local (Cambridge)Audi dealer recomended a tyre dealer as the one they use. The standard fit Michelin Primacy not carried in stock, told would be in the next day (Saturday). They called to say wouldn't be in until Monday, Monday came, no tyre, "should be in Tuesday sir". Got a call to say tyre in,went to dealer, Michelin sent tyre with correct paper label attached to the wrong size tyre! Arrrrrgh, six bl**dy days for one tyre..........

David

Suggest you visit SGMC near Biggleswade - not that far from Cambs - ask fop Kevin tel: 01767 314125 - I am not connected in anyway to this outfit but can recommend them as the best darn tyre dealers in the UK as I've bought stuff thro em for years. If you get them to jack up the car - make sure you supervise where they put the trolley jack though - A2 is a bit different from most steel machinery.

Last new pair I bought for Fiat 127 Racer were Pirrelli P5000 175/50 VR13s normally over £90 ea - got em for nearly half that.

Oh and it's Lukas by the way

Audi A2 1.2 TDI

on skinny 145/80 R14 Mud and Snows

Ecoangel,

Thanks for the tip!

Finally got the tyre replaced today.
The original had temporary repair, when I brought it back last night I heard hissing coming from the car, looked back only to see the repaired tyre going down.
Took wheel off and went to dealer this AM. Its was then that I noticed we had had a second puncture in the tyre!
I guess its a good thing that they didn't have one in stock, otherwise I would have had to have bought a second!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back