I wonder if you can help please

Will 195/60 x 16 tyres fit on my A2?

It’s a 2004 storm 1.6 fsi

Thanks in advance

Craig

Hi Craig,

Welcome to A2OC.

Unfortunately, 195/60/16 is too big.
The standard 16” wheels were fitted with 185/50/16 tyres at factory. Many, including my sister, have increased the sidewall by running 185/55/16. This adds a little more comfort and lengthens the car’s gearing slightly, but also fills the wheel arches.
Increasing the width of the tyre to 195 and increasing the sidewall even further is guaranteed to cause an argument between the tyres and the wheel arches.

Cheers,

Tom

195/50 16 would also be another viable trouble free option for you. A little wider, fractionally more sidewall depth and slightly more accurate speedometer than with the standard 185/50 size and probably cheaper too.

I am also currently running 185/55 16 winter tyres on standard 16" 6 spoke SE alloys but as Tom said they do fill the arches more and you certainly wouldn't want to go any larger as they are fairly close to the mudflaps at the rear too.

Best to check any variations to the standard size using an online tyre size calculator before buying and obviously ask on here again to be sure?

I'm running 185/65 15 winter tyres which don't rub but are very close to the rear mudflaps . 195/60 16 is a larger overall circumference than these so I doubt there would be sufficient clearance .

Back