tyres

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

speedfreak

Hello,

I'm just coming up to 21,000 miles, and my front tyres look like they've only got a few thousand miles left in them. Has anyone got any experience of using anything other than the standard fit Continental tyres? A quick check seems to show these come in at around £80 each, which seems a lot for such a small, relatively high profile tyre. Not that I'm nesesarily complaining - just curious to see if anyone else has any experience of A2 tyres!

Silver 1.4TDI

Kwik Fit will sell you Michelin Pilot (as fitted as standard to my SE)at around £80 each, so the price you've been quoted is probably competitive. Whoever supplies your new boots,ensure they have 'em in stock - many outlets don't keep what is a slow-selling line. You might have to wait a few days for delivery to the depot.

Regards

Ian
2001 A2 1.4 SE - Brilliant Black - 27000mls

Welcome Ian.

Have you just got your A2 or just found this site? - or both? Hows the car been so far?

1.4SE petrol in Merlot Red, Biege interior, 16" 5 spoke alloys, DIS, Open Sky, Elec rear windows.

My car was fitted GOODYEAR when I bought it. Rather weird I thought, because Audi always uses continental tyres. Maybe because of this......

Some think I am genius,
Others just can't think...

Not to sure what size tyre you were quoted for but it seems high to me especially as I have just been looking at getting some TOYO Proexs 1 215/40ZR/17 and they were £72 inc of vat and delivery and this is a serious performance tyre with a good life span.

Checkout - http://www.mytyres.net/start.html

In my experience independent fitters offer the best value. What size are the tyres on the 15" rims? I had a Focus with standard 15" rims and was quoted £75 plus fitting for a cheap line from Rapidfit and Kwikfit. A local independent, recommended by a colleague, did me 4 Michelins for £50 each including fitting.

Very pleased with Michi Pilots as fitted as standard. Quiet and grippy. Assymetric tread.

icon_smile_cool.gif

I have done 36000 miles on my tyres and they still look like they have 30% left in them

Check my previous posts about tyres and you'll find you can buy new ones for less than £60 for Contis and others....

Lukas

First A2 1.2 TDI in UK
Style pack + Chorus + Advance pack + winter wheels + iRiver MP3CD

Check my previous posts about tyres and you'll find you can buy new ones for less than £60 for Contis and others.... Yes and my 1.2 TDI uses special Brigestone Ecopia 145/14s that cost me £35 each plus VAT

Lukas

First A2 1.2 TDI in UK
Style pack + Chorus + Advance pack + winter wheels + iRiver MP3CD

Killabee

I found that whenever I bought a new SEAT it would have a different brand of tyre. Whatever is best deal of the month when the car is built gets fitted!.

Steve - 2002 1.4SE petrol, Silver, black/black interior, Then an identical replacement 2003 A2. Now a Toyota Corolla 1.6 T-Spirit

Runboy,

I think you're right. My car came fitted with Pirelli tyres.

John (& Mary) Imber 2003 1.4TDI SE, metallic silver, open sky, black leather /alcantara, Bose, ECC, DIS, Winter pack, mud flaps

True,

Mine was fitted with Michelin Pilots. And currently with Continental wintertyres.

Dennis de Held

Amulet Red 1.4 Tdi

Mine came with Michelin Pilots - £140 each!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Grrr...

and iPAQ 3970 with Sat-Nav sleeve

Our Audi dealer ALWAYS fits Dunlop for some reason, good deal locally perhaps?

Audi A2 1.4SE
Build Wk40/2002 | OpenSky | Azure Blue | Climate | DIS | APS | Lumbar | Rear Drinks Holder

Ours has Pilots too - best price so far £79 plus fitting.

Ian

2002 1.4 Petrol SE, silver with climate control.
Why are NEARLY all the A2s in Lichfield are silver ? ? ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back