Ultraseal use

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ade

Thread spawned from: http://www.a2forum.net/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=1599&whichpage=3

JohnW, is Ultraseal easy to apply? Could you write a few words on how easy you found it to put in?

[img=left]http://homepage.ntlworld.com/adriancharles/a2ade.gif[/img=left]Ade
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
UK Owners Page 24
s.gif
My Home Page
s.gif
Mail me

Audi A2 1.4SE (2003): Azure Blue
s.gif
Build Wk40/2002
Factory fit: OpenSky
s.gif
Climate
s.gif
Driver Information System
s.gif
Acoustic Parking
s.gif
Lumbar Adjustment
Retrofit: Rear Drinks Holder
s.gif
Floppy Wiper
s.gif
Rear Door Blinds
s.gif
Centre Tray
s.gif
Elasticated Belt System

Hello Ade, here goes.
It is dead easy to apply to the A2.
Step 1. Remove lovely A2 jack from boot and start at any wheel. Jack up wheel so just clear of ground,( chock wheels )
with valve at the bottom, remove valve ( with special valve cap in U/ Seal box ) to let air out.
Step 2. Knowing exactly the quantity needed remove bottle from box ( dont shake! - the fluid obscures the division marks ) snip end off the pointed nozzle, and push on tube. The trick here is to make the hole in the nozzle big enough to allow the fluid to flow easily, but not too big, but tight.
Step 3. Push the end of the tube over the valve, up end and squeeze the correct amount in. As you up end the bottle you will see that there is an air gap so you have to "measure" the divisions- you'll see. Remove tube, clean valve.
Step 4. This is where a compressor comes in handy. Blast a tiny amount of wind in to valve, to clear threads, refit valve core and inflate to correct pressure. Lower car to ground and repeat with other 3 wheels.
If you take your time making the right size hole in the tube/nozzle assy you can use the same one for every tyre. If it's a cold day it takes some time to sqeeze the fluid in !!!
After all this, drive the car for say 5-10 miles. It will feel like the wheels are WELL out of balance, but it will soon disappear. Mine took approx 6 miles to bed in.
I have access to a medium size compressor, but I imagine you could use the one that comes with A2. To clear the threads before refitting the valve core, a bike pump would do.
There are comprehensive instructions with every bottle of U/Seal.
I've done 4 cars now without any trouble; 2- Seats, 1 A2, and a Disco, and the bikes are next!
Just make sure that about the correct amount for your size of tyre ie 175/60R15 or 185/60R16 or 205/40R17, whatever.
Hope this of some help to you.
Regards John W. 2002 TDI SE

I'm sure 'we' can!

Who sells this Ultraseal - is it one of the A2OC's 'partners'?

Are you coming to the club social?
________________________________________________________________________________
[img=left]http://www.a2forum.net/stuart.gif[/img=left]
Stuart Diamond: A2OC Founder | Forum Administrator

2001 TDi SE: Cobalt Blue Metallic | Open Sky Roof | Kenwood Mask CD | Front Centre Armrest

A2OC: www.Audi-A2.co.uk | www.A2Forum.net

There are loads of places to obtain Ultraseal from. I got mine from a supplier in Newcastle upon Tyne-Tel 0870 240 1280. It is sold in 700ml bottles or 5 US gallon drums with pump. I found out from my neighbour today that there are "local" suppliers who will come out to your home / workplace and apply it for you. My neighbour is having both of his cars done for about £35 a piece. Try www.ultrasealuk.biz for more info. I've absolutely no connection with this company, I just think it is a brilliant product. Particularly now I've heard how hard it is to get replacement tyres, although I accept that the product will not cover all damage, like slashes in side walls.
I imagine if enough members were interested, you could get someone to come along to a meet and apply the stuff en masse- for a good price!!!
Just another point, has the member, trying to find a replacement Michelin tyre, thought about trying the breakers yards?
Regards JohnW 2002 TDI SE

That is an EXCELLENT IDEA to do it at the meet. I did e-mail them about local supplier/fitters but got no response. Being pre-occupied at the time I didn't follow it up.

[img=left]http://homepage.ntlworld.com/adriancharles/a2ade.gif[/img=left]Ade
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
UK Owners Page 24
s.gif
My Home Page
s.gif
Mail me

Audi A2 1.4SE (2003): Azure Blue
s.gif
Build Wk40/2002
Factory fit: OpenSky