Update on my AM Reception issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

chris_26_

Well, they have finally fixed all the warranty items that were originally reported in march 2002. Very efficient service, I must say...

However, on the radio front they are as clueless as ever.

They've changed the aerial amplifier and the supression filters, despite being told that probably wouldn't make any difference. They will not change the audio amplifier until Audi UK tell them that is the proper fix. I live in hope, but it's taken lots of phone calls (all one way - they never call back) to get this far. They are apparently not willing to contact Wayside Audi to even talk about the issue.

Anyone thinking of buying an A2 in or around Bury St. Edmunds, I'd advise you to get a dealer who knows a little bit more about the car. Northgate seem not to know very much, despite their amazing politeness and general attempts to appear friendly. It's taken them 2 days work to change 1 switch, a mirror glass, a boot lock and to do the aerial components.

This is a bone of contention because I'm getting married tomorrow, they assured me that the car would be ready last night. I rushed over there (2 hours out of my way since I've moved) in time to collect it, and they tried to tell me that it was supposed to be a 2 day fix, despite telling me when I dropped it off that I could collect it after 5. This extra hassle really is the last thing that was needed 1 day before a marriage.

The worst part is not that they were late fixing it, it's that they tried to hide their incompetence by telling me it was all my mistake. I 100% would NOT have even booked it in if it was going to take longer than 1 day, because of all the running about I have to do today, which is now 4 hours behind schedule.

This is all after they had me in 1 week before the service (now 6 weeks ago) so they could order the parts (another 2 hour drive out of my way requiring me to leave work early and make it up the next day), then at the service (2 days!) not having ANY of the parts, and making me wait until they had the parts before booking it in, which then took 4 weeks to get a slot where they had a courtesy car available. And then at the end of all that, they didn't even fix everything! as you can probably tell, I'm not best pleased.

I was considering ordering a new A6 to replace the A2, but I think I will have a good look around first, since I don't want to give Audi any more of my money.

Rant over.

Suffolk is more dangerous than you think...

:( for the AM reception and [}:)] for the dealer!

[img=left]http://homepage.ntlworld.com/adriancharles/a2ade.gif[/img=left]Ade
spacer.gif
spacer.gif
UK Owners Page 24
s.gif
My Home Page
s.gif
Mail me

Audi A2 1.4SE (2003): Azure Blue
s.gif
Build Wk40/2002
Factory fit: OpenSky
s.gif
Climate
s.gif
Driver Information System
s.gif
Acoustic Parking
s.gif
Lumbar Adjustment
Retrofit: Rear Cup Holder
s.gif
2003 Wiper
s.gif
Rear Door Blinds
s.gif
Centre Tray
s.gif
Elasticated Belt
s.gif
Grille Strips

Chris

Hope the wedding went well and your enjoying the honeymoon!.

I too suffered from my dealers lack of ability to inform me when they wanted the car for longer than was agreed. They just didn't bother to tell me they were keeping it, causing me time and money to drive around the city. But of course they wouldn't offer me one drop of compensation when I complained. Dozy twits.

Steve - 2002 1.4SE petrol, Silver, black/black interior, Then an identical replacement 2003 A2. Now a Toyota Corolla 1.6 T-Spirit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back