Vacuum pipes

Coxyboy

Hi I'm thinking of changing my vacuum hoses,

So can anyone one tell me the inside diameter

I would need 14tdi 75 thanks.

There are two internal diameter sizes on the tdi 75 vac lines.
Im having a cuppa but after that I'll get up and check them with the vernier calipers :) 👍

OK.
I've got 3mm, 3.5mm & 4mm in various colours.
The majority are 3mm.
Take no notice of my set up as it's highly irregular.
20240210_180453.jpg

20240114_030013.jpg
IMG-20230203-WA0002.jpeg

I used silicone hoses, different colour for each line.
Good luck!
:) 👍

If you are going to deviate from the Audi set up and use just silicone hoses then they must be adequately supported to prevent kinking. The Audi set up uses the braided rubber hoses fitted over the thinner plastic pipes that provide support and prevent the chance of kinking.

Hello,

My apology if you are handy with the spanners you probably know most of what I'm going to say here.
And you only asked what diameter the pipes are but I will continue as it maybe of use to someone. :)👍

When I first attempted this job (2017) I left the fresh air intake in place and had to kneel on the ground and do my best to understand the vac pipework obscured by the fresh air intake duct.

Nowadays I do a lot of preparation so I can see what I'm doing.

This method isn't necessarily correct but possibly the least stressful. (once you get that wiper arm and scuttle off)

Job list
Chock rear wheels. Jack up front car and put it on axle stands. Remove the under tray if you have one. Take the bonnet off. Stop the window wiper at half sweep by turning off ignition key at the right time. Remove plastic wiper arm caps spray the nuts with WD40.
Take a photo of the Vac system solenoid valves.
Remove electrical connectors from solenoids and set aside. Remove m10 nut under coolant expansion vessel, remove electrical connector and lift vessel off its mounts and set down at a lower position.
Remove 2x m10 nuts from solenoid carrier leave it hanging.
Remove 3x m10 nuts from firewall holding down the fresh air intake.
Remove 13mm & 15mm nuts from wiper and lift arm verticle and rock from side to side to free up. Remove washer jet pipework. Very gently remove the plastic window skuttle panel using plastic trim removal tools.
Remove 2x torx screws holding top of fresh air trunking to the bodywork and set aside by sliding to the right with a horizontal twist. Watch out for that screw thread sticking down from the bodywork. It eats the foam.
Take hold of the vac system carrier and swing the whole lot towards the front of the car for easy work access.

This will have taken a significant amount of time however its worth the investment.

You now have a clear view of all the pipes and easier identification of each individual pipe. From under the car it's straight forward job to remome the three pipes 2x to turbo (these often have small spring clips don't loose them) 1x to air inlet trunking.

Work on one pipe at once don't be tempted to remove more than one section at a time.

Good luck! :)👍

Last edited by a moderator:
Back