Vag Com help needed Herts/London

an2rey

A2OC Donor
Hi guys, I am in need of your help here. I have a flashing glow plug light on my dash, brake light switch I thought, after reading a number of posts indicating this issue. The symptoms were: no brake lights. I have purchased the part, although dealer has informed that the part number 1J0 945511A has been replaced with 1C0 945 511A RDW. Having installed the brake switch, unfortunately the flashing coil is still there and no brake lights, only the tailgate strip.? I suspect that the problem could be something else, therefore need your help to run a scan to identify the code. I had a look on the list and it seems that there nobody in Herts area with Vag Com. I am willing to travel to NW-W-E London. If somebody could help me out on this one, I would be very grateful. Thank you!

an2rey

It is fiddly to fit indeed, but I got there at the end, twisted clockwise and it clicked, plug connected no probs. I have not checked the fuse, which one is it?

Well, twisting it into place is one step, but having the piston in the correct position at the same time is another. I don't recall which position is correct for that part number, but I think that's the part number which is documented in the PDF attached to one of the threads.

Last edited:
Thanks, but there is only one way for the part and piston to be fitted. I would have to check the fuse, it is number 30, in the bottom row. Might try to re-fit the switch once again, as you say for the piston to be in the right place...

Hi Dan, no I have not checked the bulbs :), would they throw a flashing coil on the dash? checked the fuse No. 30 seems fine.

unfortunately the flashing coil is still there and no brake lights, only the tailgate strip.?

an2rey

From what I understand, your brake light strip is working in your back window? if so then the brake switch is fine, make the simple check of not having both brake light bulbs blown in the lights!

Failing that PM me I am in Walthamstow E17.

Cheers

Sarge

Silly question, but have you checked the bulbs?

Guys, the simplest test on the bulbs has revealed that both bulbs were gone, although the bulb coils were not snapped. Replaced the bulbs and all is good again, very happy. Suppose the brake switch wasn't an issue. Thank you so much everyone!

:) As I mentioned, the clue is in the high level light working even whilst the sides don't :) they're all run by via the brake switch :)

Cheers
Sarge

Back