vag com not working

derek

as per title i doesnt work, i have the new vcds programme. i dont know if its just the cheap cable off ebay? any help would very helpfull. thanks in advance

With the none genuine cables you can only use software version 409.1 so if you are trying later revision software thats the reason it won't work.

Cheers Spike

ive also got the 409.1 version aswell but still no luck. on the new one when you go to test the port it brings up something about the interface not found,:confused:

Last edited:
You need to install the USB drivers before it'll work. Even then though, if you've got an Ebay 409 special, it's always going to be hit and miss.

Cheers,

Mike

From the people who supplied your software/interface cable.

I doubt that the official Ross Tech drivers will work, but you might be able to try them.

This is one reason why I always urge people to buy the genuine item, as you get lifetime technical support and software updates.

Cheers,

Mike

Sorry to jump onto the end of this post folks, can I just ask what the preferred Baud rate for com port connections in VCDS is?

I've got a serial cable connected to my laptop via a USB to Serial convertor.

Interface tests OK as does the port but I am getting Baud rate errors.

thanks

David.

Follow these instructions and you should get up and running...

http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php/158766-The-20-eBay-VAG-COM-Cable-Walkthrough-*Revisited

It sorted my eBay cable out. If you do the equivalent procedure on Vista/Win 7 it also works. I've had mine running on XP and Win 7 perfectly well. Download the latest release of VCDS Lite from Ross-Tech if you like as it'll work fine for coding the convenience unit and checking some codes (not all unlike the full paid-for version)

Thanks Ian,

Job done, the com port baud rate setting in windows was set too high, I was misled by the setting in VCDS as I thought it would overide the windows one.

thanks

David.

Back