Vag-Com tweaks help

Hi, just got my 2002 a2 1.6 sport and I would like to enable autolock, one button entry, and add the alarm cherp on arm. Now I have done this on my tt with a programme called base code but this does not work with the a2.

I have done some research on here already but I don't quite understand about adding 16,32 etc to the software coding digit of 06859 :confused:

The process is as stated.
You read the number from your car and then add or subtract any value needed to achieve the configuration you want.
There was a table on the forum with all of the option codes on it.
Each option with be a hexidecimal value and so can safely be added to the sum total of the options.
With my car we wrote down the number and then subtracted the options we knew were active to check we understood why the original number is as it is. So if you have 06859 and you know that the 06400 of that is X option then you have 459 left.
Once you are sure you understand it try adding the options you want. For example autolock, one button entry and so on and check that the sums add up.

Basically each option has a code and all you have to do it add this sum onto the master number for example 06859 + 16 would be 06875.

If you try coding rmoving your key and then testing. If it does not work simply restore the original value.

John

Ok that is how I understood it to be. So I have added 16 to 06859 and come up with the figure 06875, then entered it into the software coding box and clicked 'do it'. Then what?? I then need remove the key and try it?

If that is successful I then repeat this process with adding 32 to the 06859 and so on then recode, take key out and check, then same process with all the functions i want to add.

So at what point does the figure need to be returned to the original value of 06859 or it doesnt?

And what if it does not work?

The original figure is just the sum of the predefined setup. It is not relevant so long as it works.
If it goes odd resetting to the 06859 should restore the vehicle to how it originally was.
We recoded several options at once and it all worked.
I noted the options and the codes and had a sums sheet before going to the car. This way you avoid silly mistakes.
If it does not work reset it back to the original code.

I think if all else fails the key will open the drivers door and allow you to cable up and restore the code.
As long as you keep to the correct module and do not try coding another area of the system I think it should be fairly risk free.

John

Ok thanks John, I will try again tommorow and let you know how I get on. But I think writing the correct values down first is a great idea so I will definitely do this.

My unit is coded to 07935

This value contains options: 1, 2, 4, 8, 16, 32, 64, 128, 512, 1024, 2048, 4096.

16, 32 and 1024 are the options you want to add in. Locking via speed and confirmation beep. Just add 1072 to your current / original code and code it.
Vehicle equipment
Code number

Deactivate anti-theft alarm with deliberate deadlock release

Confirmation of anti-theft alarm via flashing

Security central locking (SCL)

Anti-theft alarm with interior monitor

Tailgate locking via speed

CL via speed

Convenience function via remote control

RHD

Not occupied

Confirmation of remote control locking via flashing

Confirmation of anti-theft alarm via horn

Terminal 87 USA door logic

Confirmation of remote control unlocking via flashing

Ignore

Remote CL function with SCL selected

Deactivate anti-theft alarm with deliberate deadlock release
The anti-theft alarm is deactivated when deadlock is released deliberately.

Confirmation of anti-theft alarm via flashing
When all doors and the tailgate are closed and locked via the lock cylinder or radio-operated remote control, this is confirmed via the hazard warning lamps. Subsequent closing of a door or of the tailgate is confirmed subsequently only if the vehicle exterior is fully closed.

Security central locking (SCL)
In the case of selective central locking (SCL) only the driver's door and the tank flap are unlocked upon the first unlocking command and the deadlock is released for the remaining doors. If a second unlocking command is issued within two seconds, the remaining doors are unlocked and the tailgate is released for unlocking.

Anti-theft alarm with interior monitor
The anti-theft alarm is activated.

Tailgate locking via speed
Above a speed of 5 km/h, tailgate unlocking is blocked via soft-touch. Only below a speed of 5 km/h can the tailgate be unlocked again, provided the unlock switch has been actuated and at least one of the front doors has been opened.

Equipment
Priority

Central locking via speed
The doors are locked above a speed of 10 km/h. Below a speed of 10 km/h, the doors can be unlocked either by removing the ignition key (terminal 15 off and S-contact off), or by actuating the unlock switch.

Convenience function via remote control
Simultaneous closing or opening of all the windows by pressing and holding the appropriate button on the radio-operated remote control. The convenience function can always be performed via the lock cylinder. The sun roof cannot be convenience-opened or closed via remote control. Fundamentally, the sun roof cannot be convenience-opened, and can only be convenience-closed via the lock cylinder.

Right-hand drive
If installed, right-hand drive must be encoded.

Not occupied

Confirmation of remote control locking via flashing
If all the doors, including the tailgate are closed, locking is confirmed via the hazard warning lamps upon a remote control locking command.

Confirmation of anti-theft alarm via horn1)
Additional confirmation via alarm horn -H12.

Thanks

John

Ok so I added 1072 to 06859 which made 07931 which has worked, but not the chirp as the bloody alarm siren is knackered. But I then trued adding 512 and 4 to add the other functions but this gave me a total of 08447 and this did not work? Now I am really confused??

Do a google search of "Audi basecode" it's a neat little utility, you run it up and put in your existing comfort code. It shows you what they currently do, door locks, honk horn etc.

You can then tick or untick the options you want and it shows you the new code at the bottom of the screen.

Put 07935 in, which is what I have done on mine and you shouldnt have an issue

I have also listed all coding above, and listed what the 07935 codes for.

This value contains options: 1, 2, 4, 8, 16, 32, 64, 128, 512, 1024, 2048, 4096.

John

Last edited:
Ok I will try that tonight once I get in from work. Can you explain to me how I am getting the incorrect numeric figure of 08447. Am I working this out wrong?

Put 07935 in, which is what I have done on mine and you shouldnt have an issue

I have also listed all coding above, and listed what the 07935 codes for.

John

Tried 07935 and it didn't work??

Based on all the information above I conclude one of two things...

1. Your doing it wrong
2. Your comfort module is faulty

Based on all the information above I conclude one of two things...

1. Your doing it wrong
2. Your comfort module is faulty

But if I can get the code 07931 entered in correctly and the autolock works then the comfort module must be working no?

How could I be doing it wrong?

Just a quick question,
I didn't notice this before but after doing a repair to the car and taking off the battery I noticed that the middle button on the remote key that opens the boot no longer works but the rest of the buttons do is there any reason for this? I have an audi a 1.6 fsi not sure if the button worked before as I never used it until I tried recently?

If you hold the button down for 2 seconds does it then open?

Also, if you press the general open button, and follow it quickly with the boot button, does that open it?

(PS I also answered your question in your other thread)

Last edited:
Back