VCA - Help the environment?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Foghorn

Has anyone received a letter from the Vehicle Certification Agency? It appears that the Dept. of Transport has commissioned a survey regarding an air quality-momitoring programme which contributes to a European research programme[?]

Now I'm used to the usual Readers Digest mailshots offering "rewards" and "finacial compensation" but I didn't expect this from Whitehall[:0]

It appears that when I complete the questioanire which asks me about the service history of the car and mileage etc it will be "loaned" to a research agency for 2-5 days whilst they test it in a laboratory environment putting 50 miles on the clock. What have I got to lose (who knows) and why the interest in my A2?

I think Shell will be doing the monitoring (Cheshire) so I might at least be able to get some 'free' synthetic oil for the car. I'll keep you updated[B)]

Regards - The Foghorn

2001 TDI SE Atantic Blue, Open Sky, 16" 6 spoke alloys, Satellite cloth & space box system. The "Dogs Twitchers"

Hi Foghorn,

could you email me the details so i can see if they are interested in my 1.2 TDI and it might help the case to get Audi to sell this model in the UK - I reakon if Honda and Toyota can get Govt (Powershift)subsidies for their Hybrids (Even with £1k off £17k Insight is v expensive to purchase)and others for LPG conversions then VW/Audi (Lupo and A2 3Ls) and the likes of Peugeot could do the same with hyper efficient modern Diesels. Cheers for now

Lukas

First A2 1.2 TDI in UK
Style pack + Chorus + Advance pack + winter wheels + iRiver MP3CD

YES I RECIEVED A QUESTOINAIRE FROM VCA ABOUT THE 10TH OF FEB
NOT TOO KEEN ON LETTING THEM HAVE MY CAR FOR 2-5 DAYS RATHER TAKE IT TO THEM AND THEN WATCH WHAT THEY ARE GOING TO DO.
DON'T EVEN LIKE LEAVING MY CAR AT THE GARAGE WHEN IT'S DUE A SERVICE
CAN'T REALLY DO WITH OUT MY CAR FOR UP TO 5 DAYS.[V]

A.D.Simmons

Andrew

If you have the info can you send it to ecoangel. I've sent mine back but I know it was the VCA www.VCA.gov.uk (I think)

Regards - The Foghorn

2001 TDI SE Atantic Blue, Open Sky, 16" 6 spoke alloys, Satellite cloth & space box system. The "Dogs Twitchers"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back