Ventilator grilles

Dev

A2OC Donor
Hi all,

a short while ago, while getting into my A2 I knocked the adjustment tab off one of the ventilator grilles (on the front dash by the driver's door) with my knee. The tab was attached by a small clip at the back which also fell out when the tab came away. To reattach them I need to take out the vent . Can anyone tell me how to do this? I don't want to cause any more damage trying to fix it.

Thanks.

The easiest way is to remove the light switch and then you can push the vent out from the back. Be advised though - you will probably break off more of the small metal clips. These can be re-attached using hot-melt glue and is a very quick and simple procedure and is usually stronger than the original fixing method.

You are probably wondering how to remove the light switch now. Well, again, that is very easy too, when you know the trick!

Simply push in (ie towards the front of the car) the selector knob and at the same time, turn it slightly clockwise and then pull the entire switch assembly out of the dash. You will then have to unplug the 2 connectors to be able to get your hand into the dash to push out the vent grille.

Any probs, get back to me.

You may not be aware, but I do have copies of the Audi workshop manual available at £15 each - this will be of great use to you if you ever intend doing more jobs on your car.

I have broken the passenger vent grille adjustment tab and was told that it would cost £100 to replace(parts and labour). Seems a bit expensive so havent had it done yet. I have also noticed the window switch is getting very marked (think it must be from long finger nails) any idea how much they are. Its the drivers side so its a double one. Are they easy to replace

Where abouts are you crb? If you can make it to manchester, I'll do the job for you for cost price plus £30.

The £100 Audi is asking for is mostly labour - that'll be £75 +VAT per hour or part thereof to you sir!
By my reckoning, that means tha the part will cost in the region of £12.

PM me if you want to arrange a time, or even if you want a copy of the official workshop manual so yiu can tackle the work yourself.

Skipton01 said:
You may not be aware, but I do have copies of the Audi workshop manual available at £15 each - this will be of great use to you if you ever intend doing more jobs on your car.

Hello
Do you mean the kind of manuals you can buy at erwin.audi.something?
I am desperately looking for a way to buy one but can't figure what the right is. Could you mention the title of this manual?
Thanks in advance!

I have the official Audi workshop manual, ELSA Win. It is the same as your local dealer would use, albeit without certain functions like being able to dial in direct to Audi HQ!

Skipton01 said:
I have the official Audi workshop manual, ELSA Win. It is the same as your local dealer would use, albeit without certain functions like being able to dial in direct to Audi HQ!

Then I guess an individual could hardly 'buy' one?
Lucky you!

Back