Vertical Windscreen Wiper park

Phil_B

Ok. So my first mechanical query post about my new A2.

The windsceen Wiper parks in the vertical position. I works perfectly, just that it's upright. The people I bought the car from said the previous owner had fitted a LHD unit by mistake (I have the original motor still).
Would that be the case, or is it just a question of refitting the linkage arm on the motor spindle in the correct place? I haven't looked at the original motor yet to find out what is wrong with it. Hopefully get some time on the car today this afternoon. 1st job is a damn good jet wash!

If you need pictures, can take later. Currently at LHR meeting the daughter of the man I inherited my 800 Stirling saloon from.

Good Afternoon,

It is likely the old motor failed with a faulty internal earth, very common. I would if accessible and room disconnect the loom plug and connect to old motor. Add a temporary earth, e.g. jump leads and see if it works.

Andy

When I read the title of this thread I thought it was about making the wiper park vertically and not correcting it. Is there any disadvantage to it parking vertically? Since the horizontal park doesn't tuck beneath the bonnet, perhaps the vertical park would be more aerodynamic and potentially desirable. Certainly unique!

Sorry I can't offer any fix, only that the seller's logic sounds good to me and it might be a LHD unit.

T

Impossible to fit a LHD wiper motor onto a RHD car and vice versa due to the positioning of the drive spindles and size of the spindles. what someone has done is take the drive mechanism apart and not correctly set the motor and "clock" the crank onto the drive.

Here is the manual page to explain how to do it...

Sorted. Unbolt the spindle nut, and reposition. Now parks level.

Attachments

• 20230313_180842.jpg
    20230313_180842.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 74
Back