Vincents Audi, Exeter,

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

calvin

Let the ranting commence.

I have owned various Audis for the past 5 years, and without fail have been impressed with the quality and performance of these vehicles.

However, words cannot describe fully how awful the service provided from most Audi dealers has been.

In no particular order,

Bought an 18 month old Cabriolet 4 years ago. On the way home brakes squealed on application, whole car juddered generally and clutch slipped. Inspection found the car had been laid up for a period, causing the discs to corrode reducing braking area to about 30%, all tyres had flat spots, oil was on the clutch. Conclusion, Audi's used car program slipped up there! The supplying dealer was Gilders in Sheffield, who, in fairness, put it right swiftly, but I would rather they had found the faults before I let my partner loose in it on the motorway, who knows what would have happened if she had needed to brake heavily?

Took my A6 V6 Tdi in for a service at Vincents in Exeter, they apparently broke the ECU and tried to make me pay for it, finally discovered that the service manager there was inventing faults, getting customers to pay for them and taking the cash himslef, now works as a delivery driver , ironically I have to sign for parcels from him on occasion.

Also bent the afore mentioned A6 and had it repaired there. Car came out after 3 months of pestering phonecalls with no spare wheel, torn back seat where they had put the front wing and bumper!!!!!!, lots of electrical gremlins, misalligned panels and damaged suspension!! Words failed me, this was after having to drive around for 3 months in their courtesy car, a 1.0 Corsa, not a fair exchange for an A6 I thought. Maybe that was more down to the insurance company though.

With one exception, of the last 11 times I have taken a car to Vincents for work, it has needed to be returned to have something that they have supposed to have done, done. Courtesy cars are available only if you book about 3 weeks in advance, they are rarely fueled or clean. The staff are generally indifferent at best, with a couple of exceptions.

The result, I now travel 40 miles to have my 3 current Audis serviced at Silver Street in North Devon, who not only are extremely professional, but who also give me favourable labour rates to offset the distance travelled. I still dearly love my Audi's , especially my A2, but the dealer network, in my experience does not in any way live up to it's perceived image or, more importantly, £65 + Vat labour charge.

Why do Audi UK not do something about this situation? Belive me, they are well aware of the problems that i have had, and never once have made a gesture of goodwill to pacify me. If I were a cynical person I could conclude that it simply costs money, and takes effort to keep a customer happy, and whilst the new cars keep seling as they do, why bother. I would much rather walk into a slightly less palacial dealership, not receive the propaganda in the form of the Audi magazine, and have more effort spent on them doing what they are supposed to, which is keeping my car on the road, and me happy and safe.

If anyone from Vincents is reading this, just so as you know, a little more effort would have resulted in you having orders from myself for an A2 and an A4 convertible, from my parents, an Allroad and from my aunt a TT.

The rant, you will be glad to hear, is officially over.

Steve,

A2 1.4 petrol
A4 V6 TDI convertible
Original Quattro

Steve
I feel for you. At the end of my brief A2 ownership, in the final letter to Audi UK I told then I would never buy an Audi again and I wanted compensation for the lost time and money taking their faulty product back to a dealer that makes the old British Rail look efficient. They offered me favourable terms on a new Audi.

They couldn't even get that one right!. So I can see your comment about Audi just selling cars and not backing up with after sales, holding water.

Steve - 2002 1.4SE petrol, Silver, black/black interior, Then an identical replacement 2003 A2. Now a Toyota Corolla 1.6 T-Spirit

Steve (er... the first one :)),

My experiences with Vincents Audi in Exeter have been none to impressive either - and we haven't got around to service time yet...

My Lupo came from the VW side of the operation (2 months late) and ended up needing a trip to the bodyshop after some... er... individual dented it whilst parked. Quite apart from the stigma of having to visit a Vauxhall dealer, the quality of repair was awful and the interior of the car covered in a white oily grime. I just hope that - should I need it - they're unable to deal with the A2's bodywork.

I didn't buy my A2 through them after they offered me a £0 discount - but ended up taking the car to them when I realised that the Symphony CD changer was DOA. It took four visits (and three changers) to get it resolved... three weeks notice required for them to collect the car on each occasion and the obligatory failure to let you know when the replacement parts arrive.

Par for the course? I think I would have blown my top if I'd found out they were transporting car parts around in my car's interior... Just not on...

Oddly enough while I was waiting for my second faulty Symphony to be fitted a bloke came in and gave the service manager grief about the ongoing problems with his A6 - you perhaps?

I can't find the Silver Street dealer you mention - is it another "Audi Centre" or is it an independent? In fact, is it a town? I can't find a Silver Street in Devon, either... I'd be more than happy to take my business elsewhere...

Thanks,

[img=left]http://www.santorini.dsl.pipex.com/a2_avatar.gif[/img=left]Mark.
2003 Azure Blue 1.6 FSI SE

OpenSky | Climate Control | DIS | Isofix + brat | Space-Floor-Box
ERW | Symphony II | Winter Pack | Auto-Dimming Rear View Mirror

Mark,

The Silver Street that I refer to is in Barnstaple, they are predominantly VW but do have a small Audi service centre and sales operation. It is fully franchised, the telephone number is: 01271 373373. I am certain that you will have more luck there than Vincents.
It could well have been me in Vincents, I got taken to a side room as I was so furious and they clearly didn't want me spoiling the buying experience of the poor punters to be!!

Thanks for that, Steve. I'll see how much they want for a service when my VSI time is up. I knew there was a VW dealer in Barnstaple but not an Audi one... I don't mind taking it there at all - it's a very pleasant drive (out of season)...[:I]

m.

[img=left]http://www.santorini.dsl.pipex.com/a2_avatar.gif[/img=left]Mark.
2003 Azure Blue 1.6 FSI SE

OpenSky | Climate Control | DIS | Isofix + brat | Space-Floor-Box
ERW | Symphony II | Winter Pack | Auto-Dimming Rear View Mirror

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back