WARRANTYS

Status
Not open for further replies.

crb1011

Anyone out there tried to get a warranty deal for their A2?? Just been quoted £225 for 13 months with a company called Warranty Direct. The policy seems very good covering everything even down to items that have worn out before they shouldnt have. I have also looked at Car Care Plan which is cheaper but does not cover things like suspention bushes etc.[1]

1.4 PETROL A2 BLACK WITH OPEN SKY AND REAR BENCH SEAT

I've heard good reports about the AA extended warranty.

Warranty Direct are V Good esp if you go for the Gold Policy(only if you have less than 60K miles), as this gives franchised dealer repairs as standard (including turbo).

I have my TT with them - if you ring them ask for Raj tell him you saw the advert on the Audi TT forum(even though you have a A2) , he will quote you around £200 i expect.

[24]

thanks for that I have already spoken to Raj last week and he quoted me £225 for my A2 which I thought was good for the gold policy. just wasnt sure if they were a good company to deal with there are a lot of cowboy firms out there.
Do you know whether the main ECU is covered as it does not mention this on the gold policy

With respect to the tt the ECU is covered though im not sure if a modified version is.
£225 sound ok - alot of tt owners use ths company because of 4x4, turbo and the dreaded the DIS are all covered by warranty direct.

IMO at the end of the day 1 big claim will pay for the cover, so i think its well worth it.

My wifes A2 will go on after the warranty runs out

:)

thanks for that I will keep you posted as to what i do.

I paid £180 for a Warranty Direct Gold policy in January - TDI75 SE 2001 with 56,000 miles. I was an existing customer who was a bit cheesed off as they had refused to renew the cover on our AMG Merc - underwriters had told them not to cover anything over 4.0 litres apparently! Perhaps they gave me a good price to butter me up....

just bought a warrnaty from warranty direct £225 paid in three installments no extra charge and got 1 month free

Stay well clear of Warranty direct !!!!! I had a very hard time getting tehm to pay for a sudden oil leak on my A2 - it required a new cambelt (old one contaminated), new crank seal and quite a lot of labour to get fixed whilst on hols in Germany - we used an Audi dealer with all genuine parts - Warranty Direct refused to pay - read the small print very very carefully - they will try not to pay out! EG: one side of engine crankshaft seal is covered but other side is not! However after much battling i managed to get half the money back.

They are nowhere near as good as the Audi one but of course it is much cheaper! Once out of Audi warranty I suggest you find a decent garage and buy all your bits from VAG parts or similar to save extrosionate prices.

Lukas

First A2 1.2 TDI in UK
Style pack + Chorus + Advance pack + winter wheels + iRiver MP3CD

http://www.audi-a2.co.uk/mar.htm

still battleing to get my money back from the warranty company. Now going to complain further to the ombudsman service at Lloyds dont exspect to get anywhere but at least its worth a try

Hey CRB, are you trying to get your money back from Warranty Direct? Your previous posts just said you had taken out a policy - has something gone wrong?? Or was this the previous warranty company?

warranty direct would not pay out for the replacement of a steering sensor, so I complained. They still refused so I complained to Lloyds who underwite the policy. They in turn also have refused to pay out, so now going to the ombudsman service. Going to write them a lovely letter pointing out a few things. Don't expect to get very far but I am determined to try

just had a letter from Audi regarding the renewal of the Audi warranty. Looks like Audi wont be doing it but they have passed this onto a company called Mondial. I should get a letter from them soon well thats what I was told by Audi. Cant wait to see how much they will charge for the Audi approved warranty. Anybody else had letters about the warranty renewal

Have recently asked local dealer (Martins, Basingstoke) about extended warranty cover they said they weren't able to offer it at present as Audi UK had not (yet) registered with FSA to sell insurance based products. When questioned more deeply it seems that someone at Audi UK dropped the ball. Audi UK would take details and re-imburse any costs, but weren't able to quote costs & details of the cover. Same as standard warranty??????

2002 FSi SE, Ebony Black with Red Nappa Leather, 17" Sport Wheels, 2004 grill, Tinted Security Glass (+Road Angel)

Audi will only re-imburse costs of repairs if you take out a warranty (they will deduct the cost from the warranty cost) but as I siad earlier Audi are not doing warrantys they have passed this onto a company called Mondial. Still waiting to hear from Mondial about the cost of warranty

quote:Originally posted by mlarner

Same as standard warranty??????

I dont think any extended warranty is ever as complete as the manufacturers new car warranty - becuase the extended variety is essentially an insurance policy.

great news for anyone wanting an extended warranty. just heard from a company called Mondial who are now offering warranties on Audi cars. the warranty is the same level as you would get if buying a used Audi from a dealer. for engine size under 1.4 its £299 a year. As I have already had a repair carried out which would have been covered under warranty if I had been allowed to extend my policy back in march this year Audi customer services have said i can off set the cost of the repair against the cost of the new warranty which is good news. problem is the dealerships don't seem to know how to do this so may take awhile to sort out. The warranty I currently have with warranty direct is nothing but hassle and I am currently in the process of cancelling it. Wish I had waited but of course you don't know what lays around the corner. Wish I could have a crystal ball sometimes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back