Washer fluid top up intervals

Rich.

A2OC Donor
How often does everyone fill up there washer fluid tank because I seem to be doing it every week or fortnight. Does it just dry up really quick or is it because i'm using asda's cheapo mix? Also anyone else seem the warning light when the fluid is low, I haven't.

Halfords got premium and normal mix of fluid any recommendations, I would rather buy one you mix with water yourself.

How often does everyone fill up there washer fluid tank because I seem to be doing it every week or fortnight. Does it just dry up really quick or is it because i'm using asda's cheapo mix? Also anyone else seem the warning light when the fluid is low, I haven't.

Halfords got premium and normal mix of fluid any recommendations, I would rather bye one you mix with water yourself.

Costco do a really good one that you dilute, but it seems to be almost as strong, even at a 10:1 ratio as it is neat!

I've just changed to a biggie washer bottle, with the new headlamp washers - 4-and-a-bit litres, as opposed to less than 2, so I can't say how long this one will last, but I used to get pretty good intervals out of the old one, between fill ups.

I can't remember now if non-DIS cars have a screenwash warning or not, but if they don't, then there's your answer.

You must have a scrupulously clean windscreen, or a leak!

Cheers,

Mike

It might be me, I use it every day or second day. The birds keep pooin all
over the car, I was sitting in the car and in one hour I had 4-5 plops.

When I drive the car every day I fill it 2 times a week. Lots of road spray here due to the rain and if there isn't rain then it's flies and wasps.
My washer seems to do an entire drench and I reckon two decent uses sees half a litre vanish.

At this time of year I use the Comma Summer Screen wash, the pink stuff and in the winter I use their X-Stream. Both are very good.

The rain repellent from H*lf*rds does help though, think I'll upgrade to Aquapel on the front.

Cheers

glock17

I can't remember now if non-DIS cars have a screenwash warning or not, but if they don't, then there's your answer.

Non DIS have no warning light for low washer fluid

If you are fitting the large display then you have to fit the sensor

i haven't filled mine in ..... at least 12 months. It has the -30 stuff in it and that dissolves my RainX. But because I have that, i don't really need to clean the screen. Plus i don't drive the car that much these days, only to the airport and back at the moment :(

Bret

Filled mine about once a fortnight but most of my driving was round suburban roads so didn't need to use apart from tree sap removal leaving work, I use the Dr OK Wack Screenwash from Frost Auto Restoration, brilliant if expensive stuff, dilute it 1:250 if memory serves me right, no wiper judder at all!! £8:00 a bottle!!! but makes 125 litres of screenwash

Back