Washer jet piping

Dave M

Admin Team
United-Kingdom
The black plastic tubing which runs between the washer jets under the scuttle panel has become brittle and snapped. I've had a look at the Audi parts diagram and it's showing that this pipe should be corrogated. Does anyone know if the washer jet system/piping was changed over the years.

Attachments

• IMG-20190816-WA0025.jpeg
    IMG-20190816-WA0025.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 176
Do not know if later vehicles had a different pipe work. I replaced a couple of damaged sections on my car using standard Ring Automotive RWC5 Washer tubing 2.4m X 3.2mm from Halfords. Only tip is to heat the old tubing to soften enough to remove from fittings and heat the new tubing to refit. The corrugations are probably there to strengthen the tube and to give an element of ice protection.

The genuine corrogated Audi tubing is £21.28 a roll. Ring automotive washer tubing is £3 so a good saving.

I wouldn't even bother trying to fix, (might end up too short, connectors brittle, etc..),
Jus' go straight to, pond airpump pipe and a Y piece, works a treat! and costs thre'pence.. :p

Old thread alert. I managed to pick up a t piece from one of Iain's breakers in the past but it seems that with me replacing an old piece of pipe I've likely caused some damage to the t piece which now seems to have sprung a leak too. Sigh.

Anyway aside from advisory breaker piece is there a good fitting new alternative that someone has fitted to the twin jet nozzles? Can you even still buy the original?

PXL_20230531_192034007.jpg

If you want an original part Scott I would ring Crewe Audi In the morning and ask Tom if they are still available to buy new. They've got to be a generic part across the VAG range and shouldn't be expensive to post out.

Thanks Dave will give it a go. There doesn't appear to be a part number written on the T piece which certainly doesn't help.

It is just the typical shortcut when producing the manuals. If you look at the part numbers you will see there are alternatives effectively the small square washers or the later oval ones as depicted by the VIN number ranges.

It is just the typical shortcut when producing the manuals. If you look at the part numbers you will see there are alternatives effectively the small square washers or the later oval ones as depicted by the VIN number ranges.
I thought this too but they only publish the part numbers for the original looks like also.

E.g. elbow part number 1J0 955 665 C but not alternate t piece number. Think it's just a mistake this time but could be wrong.

I thought this too but they only publish the part numbers for the original looks like also.

E.g. elbow part number 1J0 955 665 C but not alternate t piece number. Think it's just a mistake this time but could be wrong.
I stand corrected it looks like the t piece is floating around in mid air within the blown up diagram. 👍

That is correct the diagram is showing the early format with the square washers and "Y" piece. For the later oval type the "Y" is swapped for the "T" and the washers to oval.
Also note the part numbers are listed for the heated washer jets for both types if needed.

So part (6X0955975) is on "back order" which means it may be obsolete now or may take a considerable time to come in. Back to original question does anyone know or used a non-OEM alternative? Just conscious the original seems to have some kind of joint in the middle that isnt obvious from any non-OEM candidates but not sure if thats important.

Last edited:
Either get one from a breaker as it was quite a common part in the VW Audi range at the same time as fitted to the A2. Look further afield - AT?, fit a generic replacement or try to seal the existing one.

Either get one from a breaker as it was quite a common part in the VW Audi range at the same time as fitted to the A2. Look further afield - AT?, fit a generic replacement or try to seal the existing one.
Seal of original tried - its dead Jim :)

I believe this is a common piece across a number of cars but part number searches coming up fairly blank so will have to dig deeper. Issue I have is I need it now or I cant really drive the car so likely I'll have to get a used one if I cant find a suitable non-OEM.

Thanks Graham

For non OEM suggest your local pet shop and check out the aquarium air pump fittings. Hopefully they will have something of suitable diameter for the car.

Certainly used on some A6 and TT cars.

For non OEM suggest your local pet shop and check out the aquarium air pump fittings. Hopefully they will have something of suitable diameter for the car.
its the fitting to the jets thats the part I'm not sure about as it seems bigger than the 4mm pipe

Back