Water stained light beige upholstery - help!

edward452

Hi all

I have found that a recent spill of clean simple water, has left a stain on the rear seat. I did expect this finish would be easily marked, but not this easily! I have done a search and find that people generally favour Autoglim Interior Shampoo, which I have just bought. However, I am a bit nervous about using it in case it makes a small problem worse!

Does anyone have any experience of my situation? I would appreciate any advice!

The car is a 2002 Tdi SE, Pine Green (and is completely wonderful apart from this problem - oh and it doesn't like speed bumps!)

Thanks

Ian

Hi Ian
I use it on my car with great success but it's probably not representative as the interior was Scotchguarded from new. It's popular with other members so hopefully you will get more feedback

Cheers Spike

Hi Ian.

jossi here. well I changed all seat-covers to original black.Solved the stain-problem but to a high price.backseats you can do but leave front seats to expert : airbags!.
can I mail you pictures of my seats?
Jossi

Hi Ian,

Had exactly the same problem, amazing how water can leave stains on your backseat.
I would recommend Meguiars heavy duty Carpet cleaner, read about it on a forum and i tried it with succes. I used a special Meguiars peace of cloth, that looks like a white towel.

i think you will be fine with a quality product like Autoglym, however try to use it over the whole area and NOT as a spot treatment. i think it will solve your problem along with the Meguiars range.

Emm

Many thanks all

Having re examined the 2 stains, I've decided to leave well alone for now! As more stains (inevitably!) arrive, I'll have a go with the Auoglym shampoo

Thanks again

Ian

Back