Information Water under bonnet

sean

Hi All,
I am a new member so go easy!
Just bought my A2 so far really pleased with it, it does everything it says on the tin! I was astounded when I topped it up recently. I filled it up did 295 miles and then refilled with 20.44l!! how good is that (previous car 4L X300 Jaguar)
I took it for an MOT today no problem but when I removed the bonnet I got soaked. It had loads of water in it somewhere. Anybody know how to rectify this or is it normal.
Also can the original radio cassette be removed and a 'normal' one installed. The hole in the dash looks a little longer than the normal din fitting?

Thanks for any help

Hello sean, I'm sorry, I don't really know where the water in the bonnet can come from other than the texture on it.

Do you want to change your Audi cassette player? If you do, I'll buy the old one from you. I really want the Audi cassette player on my A2. Thanks in advance!

Oh and yes, it can be removed and a standard one fitted, I have a Sony Xplod CD player on Udi.

If a aftermarket stereo is fitted it is usually smaller width wise, and you will need small plastic butts to fill in the end gaps.

SARGE

Last edited by a moderator:
Its worth checking the drains from the top bonnet grill. There are two of them underneath the bonnet and in the engine bay you will see two catch trays with pipes which go to the bottom of the car.

They are rubber and get filled with crud this blocking them. They are tapered in appearance but if you squeeze them you will see where the water is supposed to come from. Chances are the two sides of the rubber are stuck together. Meaning that the whole bonnet catch tray could fill with water. Just a suggestion.

Gary

Back