Waving

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone!

I am new to this site so maybe this has been asked before. if so, sorry.

Do A2 drivers wave at each other?

I also drive a 1969 VW camper, and we all wave at each other. As A2s are pretty rare (compared with most other cars) I was wondering if the same thing happens.

Whenever I have seen an A2 on the road (and i have been driving ours) we both seem to look at each other and point. I haven't yet had the courage to wave as i think i'd get some funny looks! [:0]

So come on, do you guys wave?
And does anyone else also drive aircooled VWs?

[:p]
Rich

Oh yes-you must wave.

I was guilty of not waving at first as to be honest I didn't recognise all A2's-I thought they were A3's at a quick glance. But I became more astute and waved or flashed at most.

May feel a bit strange doing this now I'm in a Corolla....

Steve - 2002 1.4SE petrol, Silver, black/black interior, Then an identical replacement 2003 A2. Now a Toyota Corolla 1.6 T-Spirit

If I ever saw another I would wave. In one week of ownership I am yet to see one, look out for me in Leeds/Bradford areas. We also own a smart and waving is obligatory.

I always FLASH!!!, but A2 are so scarce in North Hampshire

2002 FSi SE, Ebony Black with Red Nappa Leather, Tinted Security Glass

Oh good. I will start waving immediately.
Although, in 18 months of A2 driving I have only ever seen 2 whilst driving. (Thats in Salisbury, Wilts). There are hardly any around.

However in Bristol, where I am at uni, there are hundreds. I have seen two in the last half an hour, and usually see a different one every day. But I don't have our A2 here unfortunately.

By the way I heard a story from the VW community about a guy in a beetle flashing another beetle, and getting pulled over by the police for dangerous driving! he was given 3 points! By I flash anyway when I'm in my van!

As I work at next to the Uni (UWE) in Bristol you might have already seen me.

Lee,
TDI SE,
Dolphin Grey,
6 Disc Changer (Fitted by me)

Maybe. I go to University of Bristol so prob not.
I'll look out for you though! Although I wouldn't know it was you if i saw you!

I'm in Bristol and always point!. (But I'll wave from now on!)

:D

Craig.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back