We failed......any pointers appreciated

mac911rs4

Ok, so let me begin with Merry Christmas all, wishing no members and their families all the best for Christmas.

Ok, so as parents, we failed our son, the centre caps for his wheels we purchased do not fit.....and on Christmas Day of all days !!!

Jeremy, the 17” alloys perfect, wanted to get nice new centre caps, Jen purchased some aftermarket ones from eBay and....they don’t fit, i’m sure with some jiggery pokery they may fit, but if it’s not easy on and off, no good for a 17 year old, I’d see them gong missing.

Any pointers as to where I can get nice new centre covers without stupid Audi expense? Or anyone selling a set of 4 in good condition?

Many thanks in advance for comments in due course, best wishes, mark.....

Merry Christmas all.

attachment.php

If its for the 17" sports wheels then I have a set available.

PM me.

Sarge

Ok, so let me begin with Merry Christmas all, wishing no members and their families all the best for Christmas.

Ok, so as parents, we failed our son, the centre caps for his wheels we purchased do not fit.....and on Christmas Day of all days !!!

Jeremy, the 17” alloys perfect, wanted to get nice new centre caps, Jen purchased some aftermarket ones from eBay and....they don’t fit, i’m sure with some jiggery pokery they may fit, but if it’s not easy on and off, no good for a 17 year old, I’d see them gong missing.

Any pointers as to where I can get nice new centre covers without stupid Audi expense? Or anyone selling a set of 4 in good condition?

Many thanks in advance for comments in due course, best wishes, mark.....

if they are the same as the ones I bought and look like the ones in Sarge’s pictures, then I had the same trouble. But all I needed to do was to remove the metal ring and squeeze it so that it is slightly smaller. Refit it and they should all fit.

Steve B

Last edited:
Cheers Steve, will try harder, didn’t want to go too mad and damage the centres, will give it another go, cheers, m

I had the same problem, firstly i swapped the metal rings. Then if you look at the pegs that fit into the wheel centre they are thicker and stronger than original with less chamfer. I reshaped them using a small sanding wheel to increase the chamfer and the width, hey presto job done.
Hope this helps....

if they are the same as the ones I bought and look like the ones in Sarge’s pictures, then I had the same trouble. But all I needed to do was to remove the metal ring and squeeze it so that it is slightly smaller. Refit it and they should all fit.

Steve B
You beat me to it. This was my experience also, I just removed the metal ring and they fitted neatly with a sharp slap into place. I was a bit bothered that they'd not be located as tightly without that ring, but several weeks of normal motoring later they don't appear to have budged at all.

Thanks for the comments all, a little more work on the centre caps saw a piece of plastic being removed and the caps fitting perfectly and quite secure and thats with the metal ring....Christmas saved.....now to spend money and purchase a clutch kit from europarts as you mentioned that word...'Sale'......

Back