Webasto problem...

anddy

The outside temperature is now under 5C, and my webasto start. All normal, but the noise is higer then the my TDI engine!! I don't know why that small engine make such a big noise..
Anyway.. I asked if I must do some oil change to the heater but I heard 2 different stories:
1. the oil change must be done
2. the heater doesn't need oil

I made an introspection and I descovered that is a small thing near the heather where (if unlock the "thing") leak oil! But is not oil from the engine...

Anyone have some experience with it?
Thank you...

A2 RSline 1.4 Sky|Nav+|Winter|ABT

anddy

The Webasto heater works like a small oil fired central heating boiler which burns diesel. The only moving parts are the combustion air blower fan and a fuel metering pump so the unit definitely does require an oil change. As far as I know it requires no maintenance at all.
They are quite noisy but I can't recall the comparative noise level. I'll check if it can be heard above the engine as soon as we get some cold weather in the UK.

What about the oil found after I opened a knob near the heater?

A2 RSline 1.4 Sky|Nav+|Winter|ABT

I checked my car but the under bonnet layout on your left hand drive model must be totally different so I'm not sure which knob you opened. Any chance of a photograph ?

Webasto units (a little bigger) are very common on lorries - if you try a few of the lorry dealers near you they will probably be able to point you to a Webasto service agent.

1.4 Petrol Special Edition, Ebony Black, grey leather, heated seats, climate, opensky, five spoke alloys for SWMBO (Replaced a 2002 1.4 Petrol SE) Honda Accord Tourer 2.2 iCDTi for me.

Back