Webasto weirdness

nin

A2OC Donor
Well it’s that time of year, isn’t it?

I have one of the last AMF cars with a Websato, and it ain’t working.

I can run the output tests using VCDS Lite, and all work - the pump clicks reassuringly and stops after about 10 seconds, the fan whirs etc.

But when I try and run the test fire (block 022), although the fan whirs etc, the diesel pump does not click reassuringly, and after a while I get the 01412 “implausible signal” code.

This could be because it’s not firing, or that the glow plug isn’t working. Other than replacing the glow plug, I’m a bit stumped.

There’s a strong smell of diesel in the heater exhaust, so some fuel is getting through.

Any ideas?

Sounds like the glow pin, or the circuit board may be in need of a clean up. Does it read coolant temp accurately? If its getting fuel then its likely the flaming side so would look at glow plug. Either way your looking at a nice removal and take it apart job. Set aside 3 hours to get it all out and apart to clean it up and refit. See my thread on Black Mambo and also above for ideas.. good luck and do report what you find. Tis the Season, Happy A2 Christmas, sponsored by Webasto.

Sounds like the glow pin, or the circuit board may be in need of a clean up. Does it read coolant temp accurately? If its getting fuel then its likely the flaming side so would look at glow plug. Either way your looking at a nice removal and take it apart job. Set aside 3 hours to get it all out and apart to clean it up and refit. See my thread on Black Mambo and also above for ideas.. good luck and do report what you find. Tis the Season, Happy A2 Christmas, sponsored by Webasto.
And a little VCDS ...
Mac. 🎄

Sitrep …

It’s getting fuel, but not lighting, despite several VCDS and fuse out resets. So next step is to remove it and clean out the combustion chamber, and test the glow plug.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back