Chat Webesto kicked in this morning

Nat_s2

A2OC Donor
I didn’t actually realise how good they were... why did Audi stop putting then in post 2002 car? Was it to try and cut the losses that they made on each car?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now having a tdi (for the last year and a bit) I enjoyed the warmth within seconds thatvthe heater offers last winter - yet to have mine come on yet after the summer.
They weren’t discontinued just changed to electric rather that burn fuel.
My Fsi in the winter took a few miles till the warm air came. Cheers mike

Lucky you whose Webasto worked ... mine didn't despite it being 4-5° for the first few miles :( Is there any easy DIY that I can check?

You can connect a laptop to a Webasto and run a free software package from The manufacturer which allows you to run the device in various test modes and even fire it up. You connect it to the diagnostic pin out on the device.

I haven’t actually managed to get that to work yet but it is theoretically possible

I wonder if there is a VCDS method as the device is hooked into the CANbus and the OBD circuit via that pin and it’s controlled by the Audi CCU. I’m sure I saw an Auxilliary heater section on VCDS.

Anyone?

In the winter time id kill for an SMS start-up for the webasto.

Get it on and running a couple minutes before going to the car.. enter preheated/defrosted interior.

I detest the TDI in the winter time

You can connect a laptop to a Webasto and run a free software package from The manufacturer which allows you to run the device in various test modes and even fire it up. You connect it to the diagnostic pin out on the device.

I haven’t actually managed to get that to work yet but it is theoretically possible

I wonder if there is a VCDS method as the device is hooked into the CANbus and the OBD circuit via that pin and it’s controlled by the Audi CCU. I’m sure I saw an Auxilliary heater section on VCDS.

Anyone?

Just the very basic is hooked up with Canbus; in case or more detailed status etc, you would need Webasto own software and connect directly (at least so for my 2007 Touran)

Well chilly this morning so fired up Bean to see if the Webasto works. It does! Result.
....but took wifes car to work eith heated seats, mirrors and front n rear screens! Civilised.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

1 Deg C this morning, Webasto kicked in and heated seats on 5, within 1/3 mile my bum and back was warm, and at about 3/4 mile the heater started to blow warm. By about 3 miles I had turned the seat down to 3 and turned the webasto off (econ button), it was very noticeable that the temp gauge dropped from 80 to 60 by the time I got to work which is a total of 8 miles.
On my way home I left the webasto on, temp gauge hit 80 after 3 miles and never got any hotter, so the webasto must have been cutting in and out to maintain the 80 deg.
The Webasto means that the A2 is far more pleasant when the ambient temp is less than 7 deg than when 8 deg as the cabin warm up time is very significantly reduced. Not sure what affect it as on overall fuel consumption though :)

I don't think that my webasto has ever worked since I got the car. The past 2 days I have left the car running for around 10 minutes so that the frost was easier to scrape off before leaving in the morning.
The real problem with my A2 was last year when the heater fan stopped working and I was scraping off ice both inside and out, once before setting off and once again 5 minutes down the road. Mind you the temperature was -10C or below that day.
Ya bunch of wusses. ;)

Have been looking at electric pre-heaters for my petrol motors, not sure if they are worth while. I guess for protecting the engine when it’s cold it’s ideal, running a cold engine is always grim. Have been sticking a fan heater out in the car the past few mornings on a timer, great for heating up the inside, just wish the engine was getting a heat too! :)

Back in the day!,Some companies made a mains powered heater that was fitted into the bottom hose and left on on a frosty night!

In 1979 my first car was a Vauxhall Viva Estate. On cold and frosty nights I put an electric heater (bar grills) under the engine in the garage so that it would start next morning. Also had the battery on charge in my bedroom with the caps off. Went to sleep to the sound of the acid fizzing in the background. It would now be deemed as scary stuff but needs must back then.

Back