Weight of 9 spoke sport alloys

993BOY

Do any of you very knowledgeable folk know how much the 9 spoke sport alloys weigh? Only I’d like a courier to collect some for me and need to give them the details?

Do any of you very knowledgeable folk know how much the 9 spoke sport alloys weigh? Only I’d like a courier to collect some for me and need to give them the details?

About 10.5kg, I weighed one tonight with a tyre and it came in at 20kg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[a 6 spoke SE wheel = 9,21 kg + 80 g cap

Where are you getting the 9 spoke wheel weight from?

As over the years when these are weighed on this forum they always come in around 10.5kg

This wheel for reference
91e150916b1d55fa8178d448c10d4054.jpg

Having recently weighed both these wheels and having a spare set of each these numbers are not correct.

I will not insist ...
Personally, I myself did not weigh ...

Probably the net weight of a new disc is given, without a nipple and weight, without dirt and additional staining ...

From weighing one myself and a number of people who have weighed them on this forum, google sport or 9 spoke weight, everyone reports the same weight 10.5kg it’s also feels heavier than an SE wheel

How funny! I was going to weigh one of my sport wheels, as have just weighed my light 15" wheel (14.6 kgs with tyre) and Special Editipn five spoke 16" (16.8kgs).

I was deciding between the lights and Special Editions for the latest Cobalt TDI. As there's so little between them, the Special Editions will probably win this one, what with the car being a Special Edition and all.

When I recently bought some 17" Sport wheels with Pirellis my impression was they were roughly 1/4 ton each :rolleyes: Look brilliant, utter nonsense from an unsprung and inertial weight point of view.

If you want to ever send wheels I always recommend Paisley Freight. They have a specific service just for wheels.

it only goes on size and not weight and the prices are really good. (£36 for FOUR 17” alloy wheels and tyres !!!) They collect from you and deliver next day!
Check out Paisleyfreight.com and go to the wheel section.

Steve B

As promised, I brought an SE and a Sport back from Rusty Workshops just now and according to my bathroom scales:

Lightweight (non-pepper pots) 15's with tyre: 13.3kgs.
Special Edition five spoke 16's with tyre: 15.6kgs.
SE Six spoke 16's with tyre: 16.6kgs.
Sport 17's with tyre: 19.2kgs.

Note variation from weights given before, which is down to my cheap and nasty scales (unless the Special Editions and Lights have been starving themselves overnight of course). Nevertheless, the relative weights still roughly work as they were all measured at the same time on the same scales using the same method.

That is just ridiculous: a set of 'sport' wheels with tyres weigh more than one of the complete Austin 7 Trophy bodies I'm building.

OR, they'd add exactly one of these co-pilots over the existing Special Edition 16's. If I fit those, she'll have to walk beside the car.

I'd better break the bad news ... :rolleyes:

P1000980sm.jpg

Last edited:
As promised, I brought an SE and a Sport back from Rusty Workshops just now and according to my bathroom scales:

Lightweight (non-pepper pots) 15's with tyre: 13.3kgs.
Special Edition five spoke 16's with tyre: 15.6kgs.
SE Six spoke 16's with tyre: 16.6kgs.
Sport 17's with tyre: 19.2kgs.

Note variation from weights given before, which is down to my cheap and nasty scales (unless the Special Editions and Lights have been starving themselves overnight of course). Nevertheless, the relative weights still roughly work as they were all measured at the same time on the same scales using the same method.

That is just ridiculous: the 'sport' wheels with tyres weigh more than one of the complete Austin 7 Trophy bodies I'm building.

OR, they'd add exactly one of these co-pilots over the existing Special Edition 16's. If I fit those, she'll have to walk beside the car.

I'd better break the bad news ... :rolleyes:

View attachment 68625

You must say the sports wheels do look good !

Oh definitely! That's why I bought my set: Cobalt Blue with Sport Wheels. Yum :cool: Trouble is, I'm now not sure I can quite bring myself to fit them

Ok in on the same boat, however I now seem to be collecting wheels... time to sell a few I think, maybe get some Ray’s volt racing super light ones..

Oh definitely! That's why I bought my set: Cobalt Blue with Sport Wheels. Yum :cool: Trouble is, I'm now not sure I can quite bring myself to fit them ?
Yep, we have a Colbalt Blue and have just bought some 17'' alloys...yum, yum! not too concerned about the wight, recently had a forum member to do a remap, so car feels quite agile now ;)

If you want to ever send wheels I always recommend Paisley Freight. They have a specific service just for wheels.

it only goes on size and not weight and the prices are really good. (£36 for FOUR 17” alloy wheels and tyres !!!) They collect from you and deliver next day!
Check out Paisleyfreight.com and go to the wheel section.

Steve B
Brilliant deal from Paisley, almost half the price of anyone else, this is who I will be using shortly ?:)

Yep, we have a Colbalt Blue and have just bought some 17'' alloys...yum, yum! not too concerned about the wight, recently had a forum member to do a remap, so car feels quite agile now ;)

It’s more the suspension rebound, my partner has sport wheels on hers I got wheel hop traction loss in second the other day.

Back