Weird triangle sign appearing on dash???

sikhmans

When changing gears (2nd or 3rd) sometimes a weird triangle sign appears on the dash :mad:

The car doesn't want to speed up and struggles to pick up speed and the revs are constantly stable.

Has anyone or does anyone know what this problem is?? Its really strange and I have never experienced this in any of my previous cars....

thanks
Dev

It's just the ASR (traction control) kicking in.
Depending on the driving style and the condition of the road, it may come quite often...
You can switch the ASR off using the switch button next to the gearstick.

But just to expand on fbi - the switch next to the gearstick will only turn off the ASR temporarily - it will come back on automatically at 40mph. Whilst the system is off, the triangle symbol will be constantly lit.

Cheers,

Mike

ASR issue

...isit a concern? Should I be worried?

Why does the car lose power, and pick up not speed???

Last edited:
We have a 1.6 FSI and that light has only come once to my knowledge briefly, which was when my husband was driving up a windy hill and probably should have changed gear!

I'm experiencing the same thing right now as I've said in the recently opened topic.. Should I be worried about this?

Not at all, the roads are wet and the tires on a2's are narrow combine that with light weight and you get wheelspin which the cars esp controlls very well, as long as you dont turn it off you can drive like an idiot and it will cover your mistakes!!

Chris

Not at all, the roads are wet and the tires on a2's are narrow combine that with light weight and you get wheelspin which the cars esp controlls very well, as long as you dont turn it off you can drive like an idiot and it will cover your mistakes!!

Chris

Even if it turns on in 4th and 5th gear? ive never experienced this before, could it be because i have recently changed brake discs and pads and a wheel bearing? The car just wont speed up. i had to pull over..

Id say in your case the wheel speed sensor hasnt been re fitted correctly after changing the hub...

Yes it definitely should not be happening in top gear, it must be your wheel speed sensor like dan said, they are inexpensive though and the connection may just have come loose or the sensor not aligned correctly

Chris

Back