Well chuffed! Just picked up our new A2 1.6 FSI Just a few questions though!

hifisi

Hi Guys,

Really chuffed as we have just got back from picking up our new toy.

It's a Met black 1.6 FSi sport with a rear bench seat all in very good condition, full audi service history with a service just done as well. Cambelt was replaced last year so all good there.Will need some mats as well.

I have noticed though that there is some uneven wear on the rear tyres on the inside, I am hoping this is not a big problem but would anyone be able to shed some light on the possible cause. I will get the tyre shop to spin the tyres so that it will even it up a bit if they are not directional, my fear is that there is a rear suspension problem but it did fly through its MOT.
Plus is there a picture or diagram of what is actually meant to be included in the boot cargo area i.e. jack, tyre sealant etc as there are a couple of empty spaces in the foam cutout.

Thanks in advance

Hi and welcome to the A2oc and A2 ownership :)

It sounds like you have found a nice example. I think there can be uneven wear on tyres if the presures are not correct. So hopefully it is that.

There are a few gaps in tye boot cargo area. From the top of my head in the back of mine. There is battery, booster for the radio, tyre gunk, compresser, jack, wheel spanner and wheel nut cover puller. Oh almost forgot locking wheel nut remover.

Cheers

David

Hi R5GT, if you click on top left forum, then open the relivent section you want to post in. Then up the top left is" post new thread " click on this and away you go.

Cheers

David

Hi David,

Have checked and they are directional so should i get the four wheel tracking looked at?

I reckon that rear tyres (michy's) were originally on the front and perhaps it had a tracking problem, moved them to the rear & put new ones on the front (nakangs), so i will replace the michys on the back with the nakangs & get new pilot sports for the front.

Simon

Hi Simon, it would not do any harm to get the Tracking checked. At least you would know it's all correct and as it should be.

Cheers

David

Back