Chat Well didn't think it would last this long!

Hi all

Thought I'd post this for all the doubters of the A2's longevity... I'm sure there are one or two! ;-)

After nearly 11 years of faithful service 'Ratty' has achieved 200,000 miles this very morning.
He's done well, I'm still wondering when the clutch and exhaust are going to fall off?!
And I really must get round to changing the gearbox oil... been saying this for the last 100,000 miles.

As a treat I'm going to treat it to a good clean, clay bar included... will post once tidied up.

Take it easy all.

bba

Attachments

• 200k.jpg
    200k.jpg
    114.8 KB · Views: 200
Epic! :)

Unless the worst should happen - touch wood! - I shall see my A2 display this figure one day.

Cheshire Oaks Audi showed me on their computer details of an Audi A2 (Diesel) that they regularly service .... the mileage? A mere 250,000 mls + !!!

David

There are a couple of A2 1.2tdi's for sale that have over 400,000km on them and they look quite nice cosmetically.
One 1.2tdi (2001 model) has 350,000km on and is still 5890 Euros.

I actually like the car for the gearbox. Driving in a stupidly hilly town with low speed limits it saves me an awful lot of thinking and exercise :p
I am impressed that the oil level is still showing the same level after 12,000km and it still looks golden. I would have expected with the hot/cold cycles and lots of short trips some more would have burnt and that it would be dirty.
I am very impressed with the car!

It is nice to see that with a little care the 1.2tdi can make such distances with the extra complications of the gearbox and the aluminium engine block and such.

John

One of mine is now at 182k miles, i have done 130k of these, and has just started to sound lke the front exhaust is blowing. Have you had any serious problems during the 200k miles of service?
Glen

Hello Glen

Tempting fate, no, nothing.

We've done all the mileage. Had serviceable items, filters, discs pads, a few springs, bushes and 3 cambelts and water pumps.

Thinking about it, had a 'weepy' fuel cooler, but had that fixed. Camshaft/crank sensor was faulty, but on inspection it was dusty, cleaned it up and it's been fine since.

When will you be joining the 200K Club?

bba

***PS I've just broken another dipstick! this will be the 3rd or 4th now!

Lol.

Last edited:
Well done b_b_a thats great News glad to see she's still running ok :)

I Have a question do you miss the Alfa ;)

Hahaha... I don't miss the Alfa, quite as much as my bank manager... he loved loaning me money to repair it.

I would guess the A2 has saved around £20,000 in repairs over the time we've had it!

Lol
;-)

Back