West London Audi meet

Audimad

United-Kingdom
Hello all in the A2OC

I thought i would try to organise a meet at West London Audi as it is the worlds biggest Audi dealer, the wife and i have been wanting to visit this dealership ever since it opened. The date for the meet is Monday the 1st of August 2011 at 11am. If anyone wants to meet up and travel down in convoy i thought we could meet on the M40 at Warwick services southbound at about 9.30am Hopefully we'll see a few of you there. :) CANCELLED.

Last edited:
I would be coming up north so i would have to meet you there but i would love to come, i just have to check my diary work wise but i should be able to come. Have you phoned them to see if they can let us into the museum upstairs it has a few a2's in it they open it up for special occasions such as our visit!

Chris

I would be coming up north so i would have to meet you there but i would love to come, i just have to check my diary work wise but i should be able to come. Have you phoned them to see if they can let us into the museum upstairs it has a few a2's in it they open it up for special occasions such as our visit!

Chris
I have sent them an email but i don't think they'll say no.

Ok, well that sounds great let me know if they dont get back to you as i know the event manager there and i am sure he could sort it out for us. All we need know is some people, what are you thinking for lunch on the day?

Chris

Yes, anyway that can be sorted out nearer the time when you know how many people are coming

Chris

Hey, that sounds like a great idea. Missus wants an A1 test drive, and are children

invited?

:cool:

There are plenty of restaurants along Chiswick High Road and a number of pubs that provide food not far from West London Audi so you should find somewhere quite easily. It is an impressive looking building West Audi, and only a few minutes drive from where I work so not a trip for me I'm afraid. You'll easily make the journey in a couple of hours from Warwickshire as I can get to Birmingham from Chiswick in 2hrs.

It is a huge building and massive showroom. I went there not too long ago (I live in NW London). But I won't be popping down there as I should be on my way to the Nurburgring on the 31st July :)

I've had an email today from West London Audi, rather than me try to explain what it is about i will copy it here.

"Now as to your club trip,, I will have to contact the Quattro rooms for you, as Audi UK don't currently work weekends,
we have a strange set up here, I will try and explain;

The building is owned by Audi UK, but we (Sytner) rent 5 floors out of 7 from them to run a huge Sales/Aftersales operation (just a really big dealer actually), the top 2 floors are retained by Audi UK as a corporate meeting centre which they rent out to various companies who wish to hold meetings/launches/events, and as such the historic vehicles on those 2 floors are there as enhancements to this, and also stop them from being locked away in storage, this means they are not open to the general public.

They are not open as i say on weekends and as we are a seperate company we do not have access to them, BUT, they are open to discussion and we have arranged many of our visitors access during weekdays.

Because of this their team are not contracted to work weekends, also the dealership (us!) will only be partially open on a Sunday and currently only have partial representation on a Saturday, this isn't to dismiss your great idea (we have mentioned things like this before, and had some visits), but i may have to pass this onto another member of our team who deals with events. I would like to think we could arrange something for your club".

I had an answerphone message when i got in from work tonight from West London Audi so i will call them back tomorrow, hopefully they will let us have a visit on the Sunday but if they can't do the Sunday would Monday be ok for everyone?

Ha, that explains it! I never thought the dealer is big enough to have such impressive building AND some rather impressive race decal covered audis at the top floors (very visible on the A4/M4 flyover)

West London Audi have got back to me about the visit and it's good and bad news, the good news is we are very welcome to visit them and they will even give us a guided tour, the bad news is they can't have the visit on the Sunday so i have changed the date to Monday the 1st of August at 11am. Hopefully this will be ok for you all. :)

NEW DATE on first post and this one and apologies to anyone wanted to go on the Sunday.

Last edited:
I will only know the friday before if i will be available so it is unlikely i will be able to come but enjoy anyway!

Chris

id defo be up for that particularly as its about 1 mile from me. Its a brilliant show room, you can see it from the raised section of the M4 and the old stuff they've got in there is worth the trip alone

id defo be up for that particularly as its about 1 mile from me. Its a brilliant show room, you can see it from the raised section of the M4 and the old stuff they've got in there is worth the trip alone
Will need to wait and see what my work schedule is nearer the time. May just catch-up with you all when you have a spot of lunch as only down the road from work.

Back