4DDF4EB6-667A-477C-B2B1-9C878EE60658.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 131
  • 3FD4E7BE-8A99-4FCC-A754-5237CFC90DC4.jpeg
    3FD4E7BE-8A99-4FCC-A754-5237CFC90DC4.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 136
  • 3E1A0531-2AB2-4DC6-9BE1-09933DE9E714.jpeg
    3E1A0531-2AB2-4DC6-9BE1-09933DE9E714.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 139
Was that the well known Dick Turpin Motor Company? And did they actually get your FSi running properly? Why am I getting the gentle drift that all is not yet well?

Huge sympathy as a fellow sufferer at the hands of an errant FSi.

Was that the well known Dick Turpin Motor Company? And did they actually get your FSi running properly? Why am I getting the gentle drift that all is not yet well?

It's not the FSIs that are errant, they are the victims here.
(This quote is familiar from any media investigation).
I'll think I'll become the founder and CEO of the SPCFSI.
(Society for Prevention of Cruelty to FSIs).
Mac.

Why the silly comment at the beginning.

The garage had fixed my car where others wouldn’t have known what to do. Anyway it isn’t about the money it’s about keeping another A2 on the road.

Hovis was in the garage for two months, lots of brand new engine parts including full inlet manifold which wasn’t cheap but we have had our A2 for 12 years so i wasn’t go to give up on him like many others would have done.

Last edited:
Ouch! Huge apologies, me misreading and thinking that all was not well with your car. I also agree with Mac,about it not being the cars fault, and also belong to the keep them going club. My FSi experience was not the cars fault either.

Wishing you the very best, Sir.

What is the largest bill you have ever had for your A2? This is ours.😢
Having read through it, your garage knows what it's doing, and has researched specifics, ie the lower inlet manifold, and it's flap mechanism. Rebuilding it, with new components was expensive, but should give you long term reliability, which, for an FSI, is a good investment.
There are members who have spent as much upgrading their car with options, let alone refurbing the engine and running gear.
If you are comfortable with the spend, and the result, then that's all that matters.
I paid quite a significant price for my very low mileage FSI, to, (hopefully), save spending in the future. Apart from cam belt etc, so far so good.
The FSI 's day will come, if we make sure there's a few good'uns being driven as they should be
Mac.

That all looks like the garage have done a top job. I haven't had one large bill, but recently I have recommissioned my 1.4 petrol from sitting 3 years in a garden. My bills for essential work are almost to that amount, with the nice-to-haves adding another £1.5k. But its not about the amount if the car isn't a 'banger' but a 'classic' and being saved. If its about running one as a banger, then its only a matter of time before it gets scrapped, as most seem to need more than they are worth in repairs and 'investment'. I think its worthwhile as they need to be saved and the values will, eventually, catch up I'm sure. The FSI is up there with the 1.2TDI in being the most in line with the concept and pioneering spirit of the A2, while both 1.4s are arguably the more practical solutions, and therefore all need to be saved and loved I think.

Back