Chat What are your A2 plans for 2018?

TT Alcantara front seats, replace both nearside doors if cheaper than having dents removed!
Comfort blinker

Geoff

Fix the bleeding misfire!
Replace anti roll bars
New wheels
One of timmus' colour DIS and other electronic bits

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Tsu
Will be looking for all-leather black interior; are TT front seats bolt-on?

You'd need to make custom brackets from strips of metal to use the TT fixings or have the A2 subframe welded to the TT seat. Im planning to go for option A because it will mean that the seat will be lower down than it is currently. Handy when you are 6ft 3. Not that I'm short of head space in the A2 as it is but then I won't look like a giant driving it :)

I’m planning on sorting a funny engine noise and finishing Paul’s remap. Everything else is pretty sweet!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Search on here for myp gearbox but it's TDI only. Seeing as you list fixing misfire, I guess yours is a TDI.
No its a 1.4se! followed all the various fixes on here. Local mech diagnosed egr valve but felt it's a coolant temp sensor error so waiting for that to arrive before we can be sure. Misfire makes the car difficult, nearly impossible, to drive without stalling regularly.

Sent from my D6603 using Tapatalk

My A2:

- Asses damage of snapped cam belt
- overhaul cylinder head, maybe oversized valves
- Port and polish intake runners
- Block EGR and properly port combined EGR/anti shudder unit
- Replace intercooler for larger unit (defender like A2Steve?)
- New larger bore stainless exhaust
- Delete EGR in VAGcom and remap
- Explore possibilities of volvo style compressed air anti-lag:
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.ca...bo-lag-solution-is-just-hot-air-car-may-2016/

Wifes A2:

- Fit MYP gearbox

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Plans for 2018?

Finish project Violet,
decide to keep it (as usual)
and then decide to sell it (also as usual)
Lose around £2,000 in the process (as usual!)
see what special A2s are around that I can afford,
Spend too much on it,
decide to keep it,
Decide to sell it for less than it cost me (again!)
etc, etc, etc,

Hopefully I will eventually stop doing this and settle down with ONE A2 and keep it (for good this time)

Steve B

Nothing much..

Screen Shot 2017-12-27 at 10.55.40.png

Sell and buy an i3. Sorry. :-(
I had an 2015 i3 rex which I brought at auction this time last year for £18,700 before having to sell it two months later after finding the perfect first house to buy which was more than planned. Only lost £200 when I sold it to a dealer. Great fun and an amazing car. Used to get 45-50mpg when runing on petrol only mode. I definitelty wouldn't want to own one out of warranty though as I have heard a lot of horror stories for 2-3k+++ repair bills on them. After the money situation settled down I brought a mitsubishi i-miev electric which can almost do the same range and was 1/4 the price.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

You'd need to make custom brackets from strips of metal to use the TT fixings or have the A2 subframe welded to the TT seat. Im planning to go for option A because it will mean that the seat will be lower down than it is currently. Handy when you are 6ft 3. Not that I'm short of head space in the A2 as it is but then I won't look like a giant driving it :)

Hehe I am 6ft 6.. Think I will remain the giant driving the A2 as I will probably look for A2 seats as I do not like the idea with custom subframe fixing from a legal and safety point of view.

Back