what can you retro fit?

tourangang

I have posted this as a duplicate thread, as i have started looking again for a nice late model A2.

with regards upgrading it as from what i have seen the late models are a bit basic with regards specification.

i would love a double din sat nav as i have in my VW touran, and i know people say it is nigh on impossible but is there anyone on here "mike - skipton" who would be willing to perform a dash swap and retro fit a double din unit.

if so what sort of costs would be involved - or is it really not worth it.

other essential items are

Heated Leather - leather easy enough what about the heated part?
Cruise
heated mirrors
PDC

Are all these retro fittable?

thanks

John

other essential items are

Heated Leather - leather easy enough what about the heated part?
Cruise
heated mirrors
PDC

Are all these retro fittable?

thanks

John

Heated mirrors cost of the mirror glass as the wires are inside the mirror(well should be)
Cruise PM Mike for price +PDC
I think just about anything can be retro fitted if you have the money and someone will do it

Double din dash is something i've looking at doing, just been looking for a dash on Ebay and e:mailing scrapyards to see if they've got any

But it looks like i'm going to have to bite the bullet and buy a new one (got the RNS-e allready to go in)

Phil

As Phil says, most things can be done, but some are more expensive than others and the dash swap is one of those.

New dashes run at around £600, then you've got the price of RNS-E (should be coming down a little shortly, with the introduction of the new 2010 RNS-E) which is about £450.

Cruise - check!
PDC - check!
Heated seats - check! (although I wouldn't touch this again, having done my own!!).

PM for prices and any more info.

Mirrors - DIY

Cheers,

Mike

Back