what do i need to replace standard Chrous head unit?

tourangang

I am planning on replacing the standard Chorus head unit, with a Pioneer DEH-P55BT, i would have prefered something a bit more descrete, but my missus likes the handsfree part of the unit. Anyway...

what do i need to replace it, will it be a straight forward replacement or do in need some bits to make it fit. My A2 has rear speakers.

cheers

Touangang

If the car is Modelljear 2002 or newer you need a CAN-BUS simulator (or adapter) for ex. And your new radio should have pre-outs. (Because the rear speakers are powered by an extra Amp, but you also can remove this amp and correct the wirering and power them directly ba the radio.
And for all joints you can by adaptercabls (on ebay)

what a can bus emulator!

Thanks for you response but what is a can bus emulator, i have looked on ebay, but all i can find is can bus readers!

Tourangang

what exactly have you got at the moment, apart from the Chorus? Rear speakers? Telephone prep?

Also, what are the connectors on the rear of the new headunit? I'm not familiar with this one, but I doubt very much whether you need a CAN bus emulator - this communication protocol is solely for use by Audi components and I can't see what use an aftermarket head would make of it.

I suspect you probably only need a wiring harness adapter, available from Halfrauds or similar (www.caraudiodirect.com springs to mind as well).

Cheers,

Mike

Chrous

dont know yet, my ebay bid ends at 7pm tonight!

see http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230026572332&ssPageName=ADME:B:BCA:UK:11

i have looked at the car, and it is the biz, only alloys need refurb!!

It has a chorus unit, with rear speaker, looks like it has a woofer and a tweeter in the rear doors.

It has no telephone prep either, which is one of the reasons i want the pioneer unit, as we need a decent as subtile handsfree - hate those doctor who ear pieces:)

If i win the auction tonight, would like cruise fitted and here you are the man for that, perhaps it would be better if i come up and see you to have that fitted, i want PDC also, do you do that?

only trouble is im in somerset!!

kind regards

tourangang

no

:mad:

no, lost it for the sake of £50, mind you £9k and the alloys were knackered was quite a bit!!

better start looking again

regards

tourangang

Might be worth your emailing them. Alot of bidders back out of sales.
I ended up spending near this for our A2, then spent nearly the same again on the reg plate :eek:

Hard luck - but good luck on the phone eh?

If you do get the car, then if you can make it to Audi Driver in October, I can do a cruise fit for you there (it's in Wiltshire, so a lot closer for you).
Cheers,

Mike

There's one at www.croylandcarmegastore.co.uk can't say for sure about the leather, mind you I could pop in and look for you, mine was listed as having no extra's from there, they supplied loads to phillips electronics as company cars and generally they were loaded with extras. its an 03 plate in black for sub £9k

Back