WHAT! HOW MUCH?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neil

I have had a bad day.

After finishing work last week I was greeted by a flat tyre, JOY! I used the fluid and compressor to get me home, great stuff.

The following day, I called into my dealer for a repair...

...oh no, "repair no good" a replacement was the only option. The 2" nail had entered diagonally therefore unable to be fixed.

After waiting 20 mins for the tyre to be replaced, I was informed that they had'nt got one in stock. "We'll have one in two days".

Today, I have had the tyre replaced, a 16" michelin primacy tyre, I thought, £50? £60? It couldnt be more than that. Could it?

£106.20 for one tyre to be replaced. [:0]

I am gutted, whilst there I asked how much a first service was, £230.06. For 1.4 SE petrol. [V]

I'm not a happy bunny. god help us all if something actually went wrong.

(The AUDI stand was the second best at the MS2002. after aston's);)

Neil Howells
A2 1.4 SE - Atlantic Blue
Symphony Radio, Electronic A/C

Neil,

In the past other owners have acquired the Michelin tyres for £80, but your dealer no doubt was aware of your desperate situation and decided to charge you the maximum amount.

Regarding the £230 for servicing (or should I say an oil change), this appeared to be around £200 last year but allowing for 2% annual inflation I guess some add on a bit for good luck. That said if you allow for materials (Castrol SLX) and the mechanics labour charge this would total around £80, so with a bit of profit and an allowance for providing “customer care” you end up with £230.

Regards
John Disdale

JD-This customer care charge is an interesting concept.

Does that mean my dealer, Robinsons of Norwich, will ask me how much they should pay ME for the service?. I'm not being negative or anything-just truthful.....

Steve - 2003 1.4SE petrol, Silver, black/black interior

Steve,

I think you are making a big mistake in believing that “customer care” can either be seen, heard, or smelt. This of course is a major legal problem, because if you have never seen it, then how on earth do you know that you have never received it ?

One tip worth trying is that on your next oil change take along a deckchair and a flask of coffee, and when you receive the invoice insist on a 50% reduction based upon the fact that you provided your own “customer care”

Regards
John Disdale

one word: ROBDOGS!

I would lurve to see the check list.

* Empty ashtray
* Listen to customers CD's in car
* "inspect" any letters / bills left in glove box
* Make sure you spend 4 hrs+ on the above three points.

I honestly think its a cheek. and what gets me more is the warranty would be invaidated if you went elsewhere. I have since found the smae tyre at an independant selling them for £82 + VAT. Still a lot of dosh for one corner!

Has anyone had to pay for any repairs, and how much did they pay?

:)

Neil Howells
A2 1.4 SE - Atlantic Blue
Symphony Radio, Electronic A/C

Might be worth shelling out for a spare tyre carcase in the event that the local dealer has no matching one when you may need it (see above). Interesting too that filling a flat tyre with goo does not make it irrepairable - or have I got that wrong.

Neil,
I had a front tyre replaced at "not so kiwkfit" for 75.00 all in..
Perhaps they have given you two, look in the boot just in case they sneeked one into the tool box:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back