What interior will fit

Coco

Hi all
Yes it would probably be answered if i searched for it but i can't be bothererd and like seeing your answers fresh like :):):):)
So what will i be able to buy and fit leather interior wise straight from the audi range was thinking a3 or tt and need to know if anyone has done it or has the answer:):):)
Or if anyone has a spare a2 interior leather or cloth preferably light/dark grey available!!!!
cheers in anticipation
Coco:)

Pardon me!!!!
genuine question if you don't want to partake in the discussion with all due respect butt out

Again Coco, I've answered the question and from your original post, linked in with your previous comment on the HID/Led running light thread, it seems that you can't be bothered searching (your words), so the box you were on from the other thread is in fact not a soapbox - you're just winding people up!

I answered the models you mentioned and as far as I know, no-one has fitted any seats from other models. The rears in particular will not fit from anything else at all.

Cheers

Mike

PS Please don't tell me to butt out of the forums!

You can get a full leather re-trim from any number of fitters from about £800 - £1000 depending on what you get. Perhaps if you did a search you might find out some of the discussions about it.

Hey hey, come on Coco. Mike is one of the most frequent and helpful contributors on this site. Apologize!

I'd keep your eye on Ebay for a crashed A2 which had leather.
Swapping seats from the same car will naturally be a lot easier.
One things to mention, on a point of safety, is that crashed cars can also have damaged seats, which under a second crash will not provide you with the same level of safety as new ones.

I too sometimes find it difficult to find answers to questions without spending quite a bit of time searching through the various threads.

I think most questions about A2 's have been answered in the past, so there is not much new to post about which would make a very lonely forum.

There are some great people on here, very helpful too but i have always wondered why the forum can be a bit 'stiff' sometimes.

Dont take my post the wrong way, i just wish there was a bit more humour in here :)

i agree paul, and without wishing to hi-jack the thread I also find that ocassionally the responses on here can be a little terse having also had the 'use the search facility' answer when asking a genuine question. i also find it sometimes humouorless in comparison with most other forums i frequent but hey ho, we are all different, just didn't realise a2 owners were such a serious bunch! having said that Mike is co-owner and did give an answer to a query discussed elsewhwere within the last few weeks.

Answers are sometimes a little 'terse' (I'd prefer curt) as if I didn't keep mine to the relevant and pertinent facts, then I'd not have time to answer them all AND keep up to date with all the PMs I get each day.

A2 owners aren't necessarily devoid of humour, it's just that this forum keeps waffle out of the way - possibly one of the reasons we've won a Best Club - Information award for two of the last 3 years?

There are places on here for general chit chat, banter and jokes, but a thread asking for information is better served by keeping it focussed (and it makes using the search engine easier too!). I think we strike a pretty good balance to be fair - OK, so I'm possibly not the most light-hearted poster, but then there's a reason for that.

Cheers,

Mike

I think the majority of people using this forum are relying on just a handful of members for advice and assistance about our cars. These few, Skipton being the most prominent and prolific!, devote a great deal of their own time to provide this help. So I don't think we can take that for granted and assume they are happy just providing answers to the same old questions which have been covered times before.

I'm sure people will be happy to continue to help and contribute where they can, and people can have lively debate about issues, but to try a search in the first place isn't asking a lot?

Personally I wouldn't like to see some of the 'humour' that might frequent other forums! I can't be doing with smileys and lol, lmao etc etc...all very tiresome! IMHO!

I find the forum a unique and useful resource, and a lively enough place. So for one I'd like to keep it that way..

Cheers

David

...So I don't think we can take that for granted and assume they are happy just providing answers to the same old questions which have been covered times before.

I'm sure people will be happy to continue to help and contribute where they can, and people can have lively debate about issues, but to try a search in the first place isn't asking a lot?...

I think you're spot on. Where as in most other FREE and resourceful forums I've been to, you get an instant flame if not a straight ban for saying upfront you're not bothered to seach. It is a common rule on internet forums that everyone uses search before posting questions. Mike has been polite enough to first provide answers then an advise to use the facility, you can't ask for more than that really.

I also do not like text speak (the way some other forum threads go it is like reading a foreign language) and welcome the discouragement of its use on here having commented myself when other threads have been unintelligable. However that is a different issue to sense of humour being used in threads as opposed to posting up jokes etc in the appropriate section. There are many times i have benefited from the input of 'the regulars' (including Mike and the excellent service he carried out on my car), I also try and offer advice where my experience can benefit owners and i have also defended Mike and the forum in the past when he has in my mind been subject to innapropriate language and critcism. However i now appear to have broken some unwritten rule on the A2 forum that appears to suggest that all forum criticism is against the rules , sorry.

Adrian, you've broken no rules, written, unwritten or implied, so don't take offense.

All I was saying in my last post is that I don't generally indulge in humour or banter, purely because of time constraints. If others want to (and they can keep it in moderation, so as not to dilute the main reasons for this forum - that is to help and support owners), then fine.

I know you've always been supportive in the past and that is truly appreciated, so please don't think that I'm having a go, as I'm not!

Cheers

Mike

When i meant 'humour' in my post, i didn't mean chav talk lots of smileys or swearing etc, like some forums.

It's just that it feels rather 'formal' in here sometimes....... I'm sure some will agree and some wont.

I have been a member since 2002, bought my first A2 in 2007 and my second in 2009 and will no doubt own another.

The guys that contribute to the forum including Mike have done some great work and i take my hat off too them for keeping the A2 vibe alive!

When i meant 'humour' in my post, i didn't mean chav talk lots of smileys or swearing etc, like some forums.

No that wouldn't be good at all!

However that is a different issue to sense of humour being used in threads as opposed to posting up jokes etc in the appropriate section

Understand what you both mean of course...and an aversion to smileys is all my problem and not anyone elses!

David

Back