What is this sensor please?

Good evening. Long time member but have been absent after ex wife left with the A2. It broke down and she gave it back!!!

I mistook this sensor for the cam position sensor. What is it please?
f15a1151f5b722783666c8715f41dcde.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good evening. Long time member but have been absent after ex wife left with the A2. It broke down and she gave it back!!!

I mistook this sensor for the cam position sensor. What is it please?
f15a1151f5b722783666c8715f41dcde.jpg

No idea what it is, but happy for you that you have car back and hope you can fix it soon

Thanks thought it was but thought best to check. So 036103175A is a breather valve. I have to say the other item in the pic looks suspiciously like a camshaft sensor to me but will have to look at the diagrams, or hopefully one of our FSI owners will be able to chip in

J

Sorry, yes you are right the yellow thing is the crank case breather pipe; the bit I can’t work out is the thing that is plugged in next to the cambelt cover. It looks like it should be a camshaft sensor, but the camshaft sensor is in fact on the other end of the cam cover near the high pressure fuel pump.

Weird, I think some of the rough running is down to lack of oil. They are very sensitive to not having a full sump of oil: all sorts of crazy things will start to happen. Needless to say she didn’t bother checking that until the light came on.

Sorry, yes you are right the yellow thing is the crank case breather pipe; the bit I can’t work out is the thing that is plugged in next to the cambelt cover. It looks like it should be a camshaft sensor, but the camshaft sensor is in fact on the other end of the cam cover near the high pressure fuel pump.

Weird, I think some of the rough running is down to lack of oil. They are very sensitive to not having a full sump of oil: all sorts of crazy things will start to happen. Needless to say she didn’t bother checking that until the light came on.

Hmm yes I can see that on the diagrams, the cam sender is at the other end! I can’t see what that is on the exploded parts diagrams

Back