what to look for when buying an A2 Diesel?

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

David Barry

Thinking of buying a Diesel A2 in silver with aircon, can anyone advise me what to look for with regards to common faults. Have just sold the Smart car so am well experienced with bad design and things going bang

Here is my starter for 10:

Exhaust gas recirculation valve problems-car 'moos', yes 'moos' when being driven. Dealer fix avilbale.

Older A2's suffured with drive shaft failure, which again dealers know of a fix (involves glue-very technical!).

Welcome to the forum David!

Steve - 2002 1.4SE petrol, Silver, black/black interior, Then an identical replacement 2003 A2. Now a Toyota Corolla 1.6 T-Spirit

Pre July 2002 the TDi had a smaller fuel tank than the petrol 30ish litres as opposed to 42. This was changed so all models now have the 42 litre tank. Similar to smart who increased theirs from 22 to 32 litres (we have owned 2 smarts and only had minor problems with both).

quote:Originally posted by runboy

Here is my starter for 10:

Exhaust gas recirculation valve problems-car 'moos', yes 'moos' when being driven. Dealer fix avilbale.

Older A2's suffured with drive shaft failure, which again dealers know of a fix (involves glue-very technical!).

Welcome to the forum David!

Steve - 2002 1.4SE petrol, Silver, black/black interior, Then an identical replacement 2003 A2. Now a Toyota Corolla 1.6 T-Spirit

Moos, really. This is strange because my A4 TDi makes this sort of noise now and again when stationary in traffic. I just presumed it was a normal diesel thing as I'd not had a diesel before.

Do you reckon the same thing is wrong with mine?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back