What's in the pictures? (Big Images)

I've just been out looking over my A2 (with the view to fitting my sub and amp to my Concert II) and have come across a few unidentified objects

Can you tell me what they are!?

Located in the drivers side underfloor compartment: (Manufacturer Blaupunkt)

DSC00014.JPG

Located in the passenger side underfloor compartment: (What's the big black box!?)

DSC00016.JPG

Finally, in the boot next to the battery: (What is this 'bracket' for - satnav? - and the connectors and loom at the rear of this bracket - pre-wired for satnav?)

DSC00017.JPG

Thanks in anticipation of your help!!

Ian

The Blaupunkt thingummy is, I believe the amp for the Concert II setup.

The box next to the battery is where the Navigation disc reader resides on cars with the benefit of Sat-Nav. Or so the sales chappie told me when I asked what is was on Rosie. :D

Okey dokey,

The slot next to the battery holds the aerial selector for Concert2 and above audio headunits (there are up to 7 aerials dotted around the car for these Audi headunits).

The blackbox under the passenger footwell is the convenience controller - it controls air con, central locking and interior lighting etc.

The Blaupunkt box on the drivers side is the 2 channel amp for the rear speakers only.

Hope that helps you out.

Thanks Skipton, that's great :)

After playing around with the stereo a bit more this afternoon I figured out that the amp was for the rear speakers. Will reply in the other thread about the sub and amp issue.

Reading from a few other people have said in other threads and what not, i'm getting impressions that there's two amps dotted about the car, one for the front speakers and one for the back, in essence i'm thinking i should be able to replace these two amps with more powerful ones and replacing the speakers and i can keep my standard head unit so it doesn't look as dodgy, if head unit thieves are on the prowl for the latest and greatest head units out and about from the shops?

Mike

There is a set of schematic diagrams for the ICE options in the A2 in the EKTA workshop manuals (available from our friend Skipton!). I think you'll find the front speakers are usually driven by the H/U - but I could be wrong, I only looked at the diagrams briefly!

Back