Whats this on my dash ???

SPECKY

Just gettin used to our A2. Found this stuck under dash. Looks like some sort of phone plug.

Can anyone tell me exactly what it is and maybe if it will still work ???

Thanks

SPECKS

Photo0190.jpg

The socket at the top looks like some sort of external audio input unit. The socket at the bottom doesn't look like any common connector - perhaps a custom power socket for some 3rd party device (phone/gps?)? Does your car have a factory head unit?

Last edited:
It'll just be some kind of phone interface, probably a Nokia kit. It'll also probably work still, but you'll have to get a suitable cradle to plug into that socket (oh, and have a compatible Nokia too!).

The headunit looks OE from the photo, so you have to either do a little more investigation or remove it, either way requires the removal of the radio and dash parts.

Bet you've not got as much extra wiring in there as I removed recently from 'the guru' A2 - as he appropriately put it, there were more wires in there than you'd find in an FBI honeytrap!

Cheers,

Mike

Could also be a 3rd party aftermarket immobiliser key - do you have a strange attachment to the key fob?

Thanks guys for responce.

@ erstens.... sussed that - Thanks tho.:rolleyes:

@ ben ..... yeah its factory head unit.

@ Skipton01..... Thanks mike. Think i'll ask on I.C.E forum before i start fumbling around at back of dash and removing stuff LOL. If it turns out to be nowt of use , i'll pull it off and tuck away behind panel out of site, cos it looks ****E !!!:)

@ dan_b.... Its not an immobilser, no strange doofer on my key:confused:

Thanks again guys...

SPECKS

pS.... Lovin this car :)

Just seen where you are Specks - if you want to pop over at some point, I can whip out the headunit to see what's what - no charges, just interested to see what it is!

Cheers,

Mike

Back