Wheel bearing removal kit

I plan on purchasing one of these kits has anybody got one as there seems to be 2 available both say for audi a2 but some say for wheels 62mm and the others 72mm which one is it,i asked timmus which one he said the smaller one 62mm is for 1.2 tdi the 72mm is for all other a2s but the ebay write ups are conflicting so can anybody else confirm this is the case I'm after one for a 1.4 tdi.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

I'm not going to speak out of place but I'd trust Timmus' advice on this one. The 1.2tdi has many differences in the front suspension that are geared around making it lighter. See the following pair of diagrams from the online parts places - the 1.2 has 62mm and all other (1.4 petrol, 1.4 tdi & 1.6FSI) have 72mm

Attachments

• 1.2tdi.jpg
    1.2tdi.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 176
  • 1.4 : 1.6.jpg
    1.4 : 1.6.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 175
I'm not going to speak out of place but I'd trust Timmus' advice on this one. The 1.2tdi has many differences in the front suspension that are geared around making it lighter. See the following pair of diagrams from the online parts places - the 1.2 has 62mm and all other (1.4 petrol, 1.4 tdi & 1.6FSI) have 72mm
Excellent thanks just wanted to double check there's nothing worse than ordering something then having to send it back especially on ebay.

Excellent thanks just wanted to double check there's nothing worse than ordering something then having to send it back especially on ebay.

No problem - I had those diagrams to hand as I've been looking at other parts in the past few days. Useful piece of research in case I need to do it myself at some point - good luck with the bearings!

Thanks JUSTJUST73 :)

I bought Meyle for the rear, will have to price up the fronts before the whine goes to a grind

Back