Wheel Cleaner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mal2002

Can anybody reccommend a product available in the UK for cleaning alloy wheels?, ive been told that because the standard wheels on a 1.4 are polished, some wheel cleaners can stain and corrode the finish

2002, 1.4, azure blue, 2 tone leather, concert II single cd. Member of A2OC site.

Smartie may be able to help here - or look at his website: http://www.autosmart.co.uk/
I've got a load of his products which I am giving away at the social, I've used a few of them on my A2 and they seem very good!

2001 TDi SE, Open Sky Roof, 16" six spoke alloys, Kenwood Mask CD.
Please support the A2OC & Forum: www.Audi-A2.co.uk/support.htm

The best product to use on alloy wheels is a neutral shampoo and hot water and maybe an old toothbrush for getting in the corners. I do sell acids also for really bad wheels but I do not sell this to the public because of obivous reasons. The way to avoid brake dust sticking to your wheels is to polixh them reguarly.

Thanks for the link Stuart

2002 1.6 FSI Azure Blue DIS Blue Interior

sorry polish

2002 1.6 FSI Azure Blue DIS Blue Interior

As an alternative to the used toothbrush Mothercare's plastic bottle cleaning brush is good, do not use a metal one as it can scratch the finish. The most important thing is to do it WEEKLY and clean all the surfaces (enven the ones you cannot see) once the dust builds up you have lost the battle.

There are also some polishes on the market designed to repel brake dust, have tried the turtlewax(?) one and it does make cleaning easier.

Ian

2002 1.4 Petrol SE, silver with climate control.

I also have the same problem on my A2.I do clean my wheels at least once a week but I have some small black marks appearing on the surface of my alloys even thought I ahve only used shampoo and warm water to clean them.
I am on my way to my local Audi dealer to see what they think!
Bet they say it is not covered by the warranty.

David

2002 1.4Petrol,AmuletRed Single cd still standard for now.

I take it all back.
Audi customer care is great!!!!!!
My local dealer took a look at my alloys,took a couple of digital photos to send back to Audi HQ and then promtly ordered 4 new alloys witout any quibble.
Defineately what I call a result.
David

2002 A2 1.4 petrol,Amulet red,standardA2OC

the alternative is to get an A2 1.2 TDI whereby the alloy wheels are hidden by ugly but aerodynamic plastic wheels covers! hee hee!

Lukas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back