Wheels / tyres

steve@cromford

A2OC Donor
I have owned my A2 tdi SE for just under two months now and I absolutely love it! It's hard to drive it without a smile on my face!
Just one thing - It's fitted with 17 inch alloys and 205/40 tyres, and whilst they look fantastic and corner superbly, the ride is somewhat firm to say the least, especially on typical city roads in poor repair. Also, I keep kerbing them as they offer almost no kerb-protection.
I'm thinking of changing to standard SE alloys, 16 inch I believe? Or any suitable Audi wheel. Any suggestions on best wheel/tyre size combination for comfort and looks. Anyone out there selling any 16's for that matter?

Hello,

welcome to the A2OC- forum!

Please do a search for the term “comfort“ (entire posts mode). Plenty has been written covering this topic:

- Upgraded dampers is #1 measure to do. Much improvement here, even with the 17" sports wheels! :)

- If the harshness is still present subjectively, 15“ rims combined with a certain highly comfortable tyre size would be the second and final step. Just feed the search engine with 195/55R15 for instance...

Greets

And after you've done everything mentioned above, accept the fact that A2 will never reach even average level of comfort.

16'' wheels

I have owned my A2 tdi SE for just under two months now and I absolutely love it! It's hard to drive it without a smile on my face!
Just one thing - It's fitted with 17 inch alloys and 205/40 tyres, and whilst they look fantastic and corner superbly, the ride is somewhat firm to say the least, especially on typical city roads in poor repair. Also, I keep kerbing them as they offer almost no kerb-protection.
I'm thinking of changing to standard SE alloys, 16 inch I believe? Or any suitable Audi wheel. Any suggestions on best wheel/tyre size combination for comfort and looks. Anyone out there selling any 16's for that matter?

hi
i have a set of 16'' six spoke SE wheels that i took off. its in relative good condition both rims an tyres. are you interested in swaping
andyTR.

Back