Why are A2's difficult to sell?

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Colin Smith

I'm current looking to sell my A2 sport because I want to get something faster (A3 tdi sport). But the trade seem to look at me with pity!!! When I looked at a leon cupra TDI the dealer couldn't even get an underwrite on the car.

Has anyone else had the same problem?

I part exchanged my previous TDi SE for my current TDi Sport with no problems just over a year ago. In fact, the Audi salesman was on the lookout for a good example for a friend of his in tne trade who wanted it for his father in law. Got a very good trade in and overall deal. The SE was with its new owner 2 days after I'd swapped in another part of the country.

At the time I did have a look at the 25th anniversary Golf diesel GTI and the salesmen at VW did say they'd have to get a trade in price from the local Audi dealer as the car was still relatively new to the market.

I'd try other dealers if that's the response you're getting.

Shaf

Nov 2002 TDi Sport, Silver,Black/grey interior,climate. Replaced previous Mar 2001 TDi SE

I have been offered a deal against a A3, by a few audi dealers. But once ouside the audi network the car dealers wont retail A2's so they have to go back to the audi dealers and they either wont give a price or it's about £1500 behind book!!!!

The Auid dealers tell me the problem is they all run them a replacement car in the servicing dept, so there are alot about and AUdi it self keep on do batches of per regs.This all hits resale

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back