Not open for further replies.
M

Mr_Evo

Looking at the market at the mo ...

Why did you buy the A2 ?

What else did you consider ?

Would you buy again ?

Evo,

No, I wouldn't. But not because I don't like the A2.
I think that in each stage of our lives we have different requirements for cars (and other things).
I bought the A2 when I was 28. I loved the design and the fact that a (red) A2 is a rare sight. And because I wanted to drive an Audi once. The A2 hasn't let me down in all of my wishes. I still think that the car is underappreciated. The sturdyness is perfect, the ride quality is excellent.

But at the moment I'm 30 (going on 31) and my demands have changed. When the A2 (which is a companycar) will have to go (in 2 years) I think I'll be looking for a big estate or perhaps an MPV.
When the A2 was inspected whether it was totall or not I looked for different cars. I looked at the A4 Avant (superb but expensive), the Citroen C5 (very large) and the Avensis Verso.

Dennis de Held

Amulet Red 1.4 Tdi

[24]
I have to agree with dennis.
Mine has been with me for three years and has been a fine tool. It has faithfully galloped up and down the country and made two visits to the south of France.
I am besotted with the performance and econmy for a 1.4 diesel.....but
The demons are back which is why I have ordered a new car - A3 - Diesel.

Your mind is best used like a parachute - OPEN
The UK does not have bad weather - we have the wrong clothes

Hmmm .. I really would like an A2, but cannot for love nor money get any dealer to say if the bench option comes with a real seat belt. Even the UK A2 product manager says that there is no such thing as a 3 point belt in a car, never has been, never will be - So I point him to a couple of dealers with cars in their showrooms with them in and then he goes quiet.

I really want leather and a high spec car, but with the thrid belt the car would be useless for shifting children around. So the new Ford C-max now looks tempting ....

I have bought my current A2 (my second one, my first one, a 1.2TDI is now my parents') because I like the design and the feel of the car. I don´t know if I would buy one again, I plan to keep this one for at least 4 years...

@Mr. Evo: What do you want to know about the bench-seat version? email me at [email protected] and I will check with a dealer here...

Bye, Frido.

----
[img=left]http://homepage.mac.com/frido/a2pic.gif[/img=left]
A2 1.4 TDI 2003 S-Line, cobalt blue, CC, DIS, SatNav+, Apple iPod
now parents' car: A2 1.2 TDI 2002 silver, CC, DIS
My A2OC pics Homepage

Hi EVO,

Bought my A2 for the following reasons; unique, economy, it's an Audi and also I hade a close shave with the boys in blue with my old car. As for the A2 it has not missed a beat in 18 months, is still unique and in a class of its own when compared with the competition.
The only other car I considered at the time was the new Mini but you can't move for them around here now, so well left alone.
As for would I buy again - YES but only second hand again. I am fortunate in that my wife drives the family car (Espace) and for fun I have a Mazda Eunos (MX5) so the A2 is used for travelling to and from work and is funded by the company car allowance.

Happy new year all

Harvey.

TDI SE, AMULET RED, OPEN SKY,1/2 LEATHER, BOSE. UK OWNERS PAGE 11

Our A2 was bought because my wife was not treated in a very fine manner when she was going to look/buy a mercedes A class she was so angry that she phoned me on my mobile phone swearing that almost 20.000€was a lot of money for a small car *(an ex demo A class MB).
She was so angry than at the dealer here in Alkmaar that she wanted to look for her alternative a new Ibiza there she saw the demo A2 full options etc. almost a year ols as new 2 y full warranty.
Price simular tt the benz she phoned me asked what to do/advice.
And within a week we drove the A2 which we have now for 20 months.
We like the car so much that I think we will drive this one for another year and than swap it for another A2 or another Audi.*(if we can afford it)
All best wishes for 2004
Jeff

Jeff Huisman
yoyoman.jpg

2000 silver coloured A2
http://www.audi-a2.co.uk/europe5.htm

Bought one because I wanted a quality car with low running costs. I don't need a car much larger than a family hatch - there's only two of us and my drive isn't large enough for anything larger than a Focus (my previous car). I didn't really consider anything else, I'd decided on an A2 long before I could afford one, so had the Focus as a stop gap (my first decent car after 8 years of running Fiestas). I probably wouldn't have another as I don't like having the same car twice, plus I've noticed the A3 2.0TDI DSG and the new Golf whilst in Europe!

When he is paid in juli 2004, i think to import one of those 1.6 fsi model. Normali i drive vw golf. februari 2003 i saw a A2 1.4 in line with other vw Golf's. I knew for sure "i want to have one of these". I love'd all my cars, but now, this is difrent. My previous cars was 3x vw Golf.

1.4 Petrol, Airco, remote, ABT front stripes.

Because i only have to drive my car for one year (till june 2004), i think my next car will be an A2. I love the design, the ride. [21]I have a small doubt,i drove the new A3 and it felt very good[21]. Maybe a full option A2 again or a basic A3.

[img=left]http://www.home.zonnet.nl/e.van.woudenberg/a2 small.jpg[/img=left]A2 1.4 TDI S-line
Ipaq 3870 + TOMTOM II navigator

Homepage

My car

:)and having fun driving it:)

I had a SEAT Leon-loved it to bits. Wanted to change (I don't know why!) and thought that by sticking with the VAG brand, even going "up" in the quality would be a good thing.

Looked at the A-class. Didn't even bother with a test drive.

Bought my A2-1st class service. Pity it went down hill fast-two dodgy A2's and an Audi dealer who didn't know what customer care was. Never touched Audi since.....BUT

I still love the A2, and Audi in general. The A2 is a great concept, delivered as it was intended. My experience was a one-off.

If you get one, I'm sure you will be very happy.

Steve - 2002 1.4SE petrol, Silver, black/black interior, Then an identical replacement 2003 A2. Now a Toyota Corolla 1.6 T-Spirit

Apart from possibly getting the new diesel engine over the FSi block - no there isn't anything else out there at the moment that comes close.... apart from the A3 and that's a space/volume/daily use calculation that the A2 is still winning. It's a constant process of evaluation and re-evaluation so who knows what in 6 months or so!

Take care out there

Kit

Dolphin Grey 1.6 FSI SE with Red Leather, ECC, DIS & Symphony 6 CD

Reasons we got one :feeling of quality, will comfortably seat 4 adults, higher than normal seating position, handles well. Considered just about everything - SWMBO was only in the corsa about 10 seconds before condemming it as awful.

Would we get another??? Probably no since SWMBO doesn't like diesel and it is hers! 1.6FSI probably too much for a second car. Will probably go for a 1.8 Focus since we are getting a bigger garage (if the house sells)!

Ian

2002 1.4 Petrol SE, silver with climate control.
Why are NEARLY all the A2s in Lichfield are silver ? ? ?

As soon as I saw one on the advert on TV, with one in the London Eye, I thought "I'm going to have one of those and have a go on the London Eye" Well, I bought the A2 over a year ago, but still haven't been on the London Eye!

I did like the A class but test drove one and decided NO WAY! I loved the new mini but I have heard that the build quality was rubbish and the load capicity didn't suit me and as mentioned bit too common! Would still like to test drive one though.....

I love the build design and quality. The interior is so solid and finished well. I have a TDi Sport and, yes, the ride is firm but I feel totally safe in it, it really sticks to the road. When I see my car, even now it still makes me smile!

Would I have another? Who knows how your circumstances change. I did buy it for it size, efficiency and it's ability for load and it does just that, so when it comes to change if it still fits the bill then - YES!

With regrd to the bench seat thing, I have a bench seat and the middle seat has a lap belt. What I really love is the way you can tuck the seat belt clippie innie bits into holes in the seat so you do not b****r up the leather when you fold the seat down!

Fi

2002 TDi Sport Cobalt Blue, winter pack, leather, rew

I've had my A2 for two years and its been great - always a joy to drive and even after a 6 hour motorway journey I still feel good at the other end. I would prefer a smoother engine (4cyl tdi) but I'm happy overall. Having gone from an Audi Cab 2.6 to A4 tdi then A2 it looks like I've downsized but it still puts a smile on my face!

I've just read in the Febuary edition of GQ Magazine that Mini are to launch a new Cooper S this year with 6 cyl diesel engine - top speed 150+ for £14.5k. I think its an error as I can find nothing on the Mini site. But if confirmed I may be tempted. Can't see them shoe horning the BMW 2.9tdi under the Mini bonnet!

Regards - The Foghorn

2001 TDI SE Atantic Blue, Open Sky, 16" 6 spoke alloys, Satellite cloth & space box system. The "Dogs Twitchers"

Why?:

Styling, aluminium construction, rarity value, badge.

What else?:

• Mercedes A Class 160 LWB: Visited dealer, got in car, saw interior, left. Didn't take up my booked test drive but have since driven one and it's a hateful, hateful little car. :(
  • Skoda Octavia Estate, 1.8T Laurin + Klement: Liked the idea of this one to upset the local modded-Nova drivers. SWMBO vetoed it because of the badge... [1]
  • VW Golf 1.9 GT TDI (130): too common and about to be replaced. [:I]
  • VW Passat 2.0 Sport: ditto.
  • Seat Leon 1.8 20V T Cupra [}:)]: Superb value but don't like the styling or the plasticky interior.
Again?:

Yes, I'd definitely buy another - provided I could do so without the wife finding out: she finds my relationship with the A2 a little unhealthy for her liking [21] Would probably go for the TDI 90 if I had to choose again - full leather seats and the full sat-nav package would be nice too...

[img=left]http://www.santorini.dsl.pipex.com/a2_avatar.gif[/img=left]Mark.
2003 Azure Blue 1.6 FSI SE

OpenSky | Climate Control | DIS | Isofix + brat | Space-Floor-Box | Satellite Cloth
Electric Rear Windows | Symphony II | Winter Pack | Auto-Dimming Rear View Mirror

I replaced a Saab 9-3 Turbo with teh 1.6 FSI Sport as I hate paying the Tax man through the nose. I went for it 'cos its different, has the quality of a car twice its price, you sit high, is spacious enough to cope and is beautifully detailed.
Unfortunately, I went for a Saab last time as the A4 I had previously meant lkiasing with inept dealers which put me off. Low and behold, I have had too many teething problems with the A2 which really is not the cars fault but the useless dealer. However, I am bitterley disappointed with my car; the ride is truly atrocious, the performance of the FSI engine is hopeless and inconsistant in power delivery, the fuel economy wont go over 34mpg however i drive it and the interior marks really easily.
Shame - great concept and great looker but not fully developed in my opinion. Toyota Prius looks interesting....
Jono

Jono

Get yourself a Toyota Corolla like me and Stuart have. We love them, and they never go wrong (do they Stuart!). He he.

I would love to be able to afford to have an A2, fully loaded, just for fun. But the new 90bhp diesel may draw me back to the car one day...

Steve - 2002 1.4SE petrol, Silver, black/black interior, Then an identical replacement 2003 A2. Now a Toyota Corolla 1.6 T-Spirit

Jono and Steve. You've got the car I'm looking at. The fuel consumption worries me - cannot get over 34 !!?? And the Ride ??
I'm really stuck at the mo as I've test driven the 1.6Fsi sport and was about to buy, but then did the Focus C-max 2.0 Diesel (About same price as the Fsi with the discounts around) and if I buy this month then a year free diesel ....

I'm not sure about those C-Max. They look like a regular Focus, so there must be some clever interior use of space if they are bigger than the standard Focus-unless they are not that bigger?

I would also get some other drivers views of the 2l TDCI engine-initial reviews said they were good, but I've read some drivers are reporting that there isn't that much power available when the engine is spinning-sort of goes against what diesel engines should be like.

But, the C-Max is bigger, maybe nearly as well built as the A2 and I would probably think better is a crash (a bit controversial I know). It is based on the new Focus platform (I think?) so should ride and handle very well.

Good luck with your decision!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back