Wife's car written off

damadgeruk

A2OC Donor
Thankfully neither of her A2s (her Focus, current daily driver) so her TDI is returning to service sooner than planned which means I have to organise a trouble free Bluetooth hands free device. I've tried visor mounted and various plug in devices without gaining approval so I think it'll have to be an aftermarket stereo (single Din).
Any recommendations?
I managed to drive her car over a roadworks sign that had been sent flying into my lane by a motorist that drove through (or around) cones 'illegally'. It was dark and wet so I didn't see the sign which was face down though the legs were up. Bumper, intercooler and rads all destroyed. I'm working on getting the details of the other vehicle though interested in thoughts on whether I'm likely to get anywhere as my insurance company are uninterested (I'm keen to not have a fault claim for this). TIA

Last edited:
Sorry to hear the bad news, but rest assured you will find loads of people willing to help you out.
Just post what you require and see what turns up.

Bad news.
I suspect that in the eyes of the insurance company you hit an item in the road. That is all. I suspect they will chalk this down to your error...

M

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One thing for sure if the insurance co can squirrel out of anything they will ..does annoy me ..?..wish you well in your endeavours..Paul

I've got one of these Highway 600s and I like it a lot:
https://www.pure.com/uk/car-audio/in-car-dab-adapters
There's a small box and tape aerial that goes on the top lh corner of the windscreen out of the way, the microphone is tiny, mounted by the OSS controls, and the dash- mounted controller has no wires to it as it's battery powered and communicates via Bluetooth. Battery lasts at least a year. The only faff is that you need a box of tricks that allows you to plug the aux output into the head unit via the CD-changer port, but it's not a big deal. Alternatively, it'll talk to the head unit via an FM frequency of your choice (saves the wiring hassle)

Oh, yes, sound quality is great, DAB reception is faultless and you have the Bluetooth music connection for when you tire of the DAB

Back