Will 18" alloys go on the A2 ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

daicarman

A2OC Donor
I have a set of the tt v6 alloys 7 spoke type
I may try to see if thy will go on but have not got any tyres on them at momment so as soon as i get a set i will try
I put the rim on top of a 15" A3 alloy with a 195/65/15 tyres on and with a 35-40 profile tyre i think they would be around the same size just a thought anybody tried yet ????

02 Reg A2 silver beige leather trim 1.4 tdi

Tried the same thing on my wifes A2 . The profile is deeper ( the original A2 1.6 fsi tyres are 205/40/17 ) and the TT profile from memory are 225/55/18 so they are deeper. The problem we found was that going over speed humps was a problem as the tyres where catching the suspension and rubbing the mudflaps.

hull.gif

tactile2.gif

http://www.ttoc.co.uk/

thanks for the reply i thought it was a long shot looks like something else for ebay then
55 are a big wall size though thought they would be lower than that 40 at most
gess you learn something new every day

Well, David, you're right about the wall height: 225/55/18 will result in a total wheel diameter that is simply too large. No wonder it will be prone to rubbing something. Not to mention the resulting inaccuracy of the speedometer of course.

I think that 18" _will_ fit an A2, but it has to be a careful combination of choices with respect to:
- wheel offset (ET value)
- rim width (7J, 7,5J, 8J?)
- tire sizes (and shape; some brands simply 'shape' differently on the rim than others)

On 'the German A2 forum' there must be people who tried this in more detail. However, it is currenltly down, as I write this so I can't look it up for you right now.

General conclusion on this forum so far was that 18" wasn't worth the trouble. A 17" setup (like the 9 spoke ones in the Sport package) still look the business and cause far less trouble.

What type are the TT alloys exactly? Maybe I can try and look them up on the German forum (when it starts working again). (http://www.audi-a2club.de/

--
(2003 Silver 1.4 Tdi Exclusive(SE), 95bhp/235Nm chiptuned by ABT, black interior, sport seats, heated mirrors, TomTom3 PDA Satnav, JVC KD-SH909RB cd-receiver, Infinity Kappa 63.1 + Vifa on-dash tweeters, 12" Subwoofer on 300w Amp)

Hi i brought a set of 16" SE alloys now had them yesterday the TT wheels i have are only on the new 3.0 v6 model they have a ET of 32 and are 7.5 J and are 7 spoke still i think i will try them on once i put tyres on them and take a picture once they are on there

Okay, I guess trying them won't hurt if you are very caerful and observative.
From what I've found on the German forum I see these specs for 18":
- working for someone: 215/35R18 8.5J ET32
- closest match for total diameter/circumference: 225/30 R18)

The wider the rim the more difficult it seems to be to have the correct ET value. Some seems to be using spacers as well.

That's as far as my info reaches.
If you do try them, make sure you take a picture of it. 18" are always nice to see, IMO ;)

Edo

--
(2003 Silver 1.4 Tdi Exclusive(SE), 95bhp/235Nm chiptuned by ABT, black interior, sport seats, heated mirrors, TomTom3 PDA Satnav, JVC KD-SH909RB cd-receiver, Infinity Kappa 63.1 + Vifa on-dash tweeters, 12" Subwoofer on 300w Amp)

As soon as i get a pic can somebody tell me how to put a pic on here to show you all my 18" alloys[30]

About the picture: you cannot actually put it 'on here', litteraly.

You have to upload the picture to some of your own webspace and insert the link to the image in one of your messages.
Use the [ img ] and [ /img ] tags for that. (without the space between the 'img' part and both square brachets. (Read about this from the 'forum code' link, on the left of the 'quick reply' below every page).

Some people have some free webspace with their ISP, others choose to use one of the free hosts for images. Google will help you out there.

HTH,
Edo

--

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back