Will this knob fit in my...

In a word, no.

But to qualify that statement/word, it will fit if you are willing to modify your existing gearstick knob and gaitor, as well as the stick itself.

Spike has fitted a TT gearknob and airbag, he'll be better able to tell you the full ins and outs of the procedure.

Cheers,

Mike

As Skipton says, its not a straight swap.
I have one fitted on my A2 complete with the aluminium shaft which appears to be missing on the ebay one.
I basically Had to enlarge the hole inside the gearknob and then fixed it all in place with a expoxy type glue.The gaiter was slid over the Ally shaft(inside out) and fixed with a cable tie and pulled back over the tie to hide it.
It all looks pretty factory but as its glued on I have my work cut out if I ever need to remove it.
Do a search on the forums and there should be pics of mine and spikes.

Found one my pics of it fitted.
attachment.php

That S-line looks like it could be a direct replacement, but as I haven't got ELSA with me atm, I can't say for sure.

Cheers,

Mike

vagparts have a nice aluminium one, its around £110 though delivered with the A2 club 10% discount card.

I will be ordering one, when my car arrives.

S-Line Knob

I can confirm that the s-line knob is a straight swap job but gaiter needs trimming at the bottom from square to circle. Yeah looks better and matches the grey interior better. Thanks to skippo, herusix and spike for guide. £20 from german ebay.

Next mod... new style rs4 wheeeeeeeeeeeel. (my wife is gonna kill me).

Last edited:
That looks very good indeed - as good as the S-line version (only available in Europe for the A2).

I can thoroughly recommend the flat-bottomed steering wheel - very tactile and slightly smaller in diameter than the standard or sports wheels.

Cheers,

Mike

Back