window mist??

helstrip

hi when im in my car for some reason the front window seems to mist over a lot but when i put the fan on it will clear in seconds,its annoying and i just wondered if any one has the same problem or knows why this occurs thanks

Have you had your interior cleaned ??? sometimes if you get moisture in the car it causes this ,, Or a leak in roof ect ect, to resolve drive with your windows open for a bit to let moisture out.

This was my problem as i recently had car valeted.

Could be something else but its worth a go as it does not cost a penny:)

Cheers Darko

also don't turn your ECO button on if you can avoid it as it will turn the climate off and that dries the air inside the car, too....

Bret

The mist is condensation and the fan acts to dry the moisture.
Even if you don't have climate control I'd always leave the fan on its lowest speed setting and pointing towards the windscreen.

thanks for the help

i will try theses out and thanks for the help hopefully it will sort it out

also don't turn your ECO button on if you can avoid it as it will turn the climate off and that dries the air inside the car, too....

Bret

I have found the complete opposite in previous cars. When I bought my Octavia, the windows used to mist up very quickly even though the climate control was set to "auto" all the time.

A colleague suggested that it was misting up all the time because the difference between "normal" (i.e. very dry) and slightly damp was so great.

So I drove round for a few months with the climate set to "Econ", just relying on the natural circulation or opening windows to de-mist the car.

After a few months the misting up stopped and on the rare occasion that it did, a quick blast without Econ on cleared it in seconds.

I'm not sure on the physics but it sure seemed to work.

The A2 is getting the same treatment but we've only had it for a few weeks so I can say how its going.

hi when im in my car for some reason the front window seems to mist over a lot but when i put the fan on it will clear in seconds,its annoying and i just wondered if any one has the same problem or knows why this occurs thanks

Hi

You might like to read this thread I started some time ago.
http://www.a2oc.net/forum/showthread.php?t=9234

I get this problem still, occasionally, but it's a winter problem. The usual answer is to check the boot (right at the bottom) and under the carpets in case there is a leak somewhere. The boot leak is quite common due to some rubber seals under the rear bumper perishing. Wet under carpets can be caused by floor plugs perishing.

Good luck finding the cause.

Back