Window Sox on an A2

widdy

Has anyone got these fitted to an A2 ??

At £ 27 all in seems a good deal.

If so what they like

Looking at getting some as a preference to getting the rear windows tinted.

Take a look at www.windowsox.co.uk for more info

Thanks

I was looking at the myself, but I think as soon a a bird 'poops' on the outside, along with all other grime you would end up constantly washing them. I also can't help but think they would flutter some in the wind driving along.

You pays you money, you takes your choice!

Anyone got some genuine A2 ones for sale?

That was my issue, the tendency for flapping when travelling at reasonably high speeds, ie motorway driving.

Will look into quotes for Tinting then I think, OR the ones Lee S has suggested.

They look a bit "gash" IMHO. I use these, as do a couple of other members here.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/AUDI-A2-5DR-9...3|66:2|65:12|39:1|240:1318|301:1|293:1|294:50

Bit more expensive, but very well made, custom fit and you can leave them in permanently if you like.

Cheers,

I have recently fitted such blinds to our Freelander2 and I really recommend that product ! (bought from that ebay seller aswell) The fitting is dead easy, it's removable in seconds, and it does its darkening job very well.

The only downside I see is that for the A2, we could do without the large blinds for the rear screen as it's already tinted at the factory, so that could bring the price of the set of blinds much lower than the £74.95 asked.

Suppose I give the company a ring to see if they will do a discount if I don't need the rear window blinds.

I will post reply on the outcome

yeah, we really don't need the rear hatch shades. I would have bought the ebay shades if they weren't for £75! I wouldn't mind a set for the front windows though, if they can make it! I don't need it for driving, but to reduce the sun heating up my leather seats when car is parked at home! It looks so easy to put on and to remove, it would be perfect.

Did you get the rear aswell?, i got the full set and still put the rear in aswell, just to give extra shade for the dog, thats tre of us i think with these now, they do look good and very, very easy to fit and remove

Cheers Phil

Yes Phil. I got these only a couple of weeks after you. I have all of them fitted for extra shading and darkness. Look quite cool, fit really well and work a treat. I love em. Well spotted. ;):D

Cheers,

Suppose I give the company a ring to see if they will do a discount if I don't need the rear window blinds.

I will post reply on the outcome

Never got a reply from the company so I will be buying the sox I think as can't stretch to £ 75 at the mo.

cogarch, do you have a photo with these fitted ???

Saw a car (not an A2) this weekend with the Window Sox on... obviously they're not as neat a solution (they were flapping about a bit and the car was only on a roundabout in the centre of town). Still as you say they are a lot cheaper than the £75 ones...

looks like £75 was a good price as they are now£99 !!!!!! they must be selling to many. ouch at £75 i thought they were dear as i paid £40 for a fiat original set for mrs sumo's stilo. they fit well and look good in my opinion.

Back